Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SOA season premier

vCash
    I definitely think the club sends Jax to the reaper and Wendy takes the boys with Nero. Isn't it a vote amongst all the charters? Be interesting to see it come down to Tig and they think they have it won and then Tigg says "Reaper." That's how I'd end it.

The question to me is what happens in between? Marx retaliate or does he get off'd by Marylin Manson too? Chinese still an issue? Do the Mayans even have a role in the finale?

Chibbs become President and marry the sheriff, continuing the weird Charming scenario with law enforcement and criminals literally in bed with one another?

vCash
    Looks like Jax is prepared to die, hand the club over to Chibbs, and let his boys grow up with Wendy and Nero on the farm.

Color will be voted into the club a.k.a. the Grimm Bastards.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    I'm glad to see Gemma go, but I wish Jax could have known about her killing his dad too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm glad to see Gemma go, but I wish Jax could have known about her killing his dad too.
    He'll find out when he reads the entire manuscript. Gemma was done lying and running. That's why she told Jax there was another copy of JT's manuscript.

I've pretty much come to terms that the club will make Jax meet Mr. Mayhem. He definitely seems ready to go, leaving the boys to Wendy & Nero and the club to Chibs. I still think the condition is color can now join the club, but I'd say there's a decent chance that Sutter is going somewhere else with that. For me, the only big thing left is which Sons die in the finale. My best guess is Tig, Happy, Rat, and Quinn all meet Mr. Mayhem by the end of the episode.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    He'll find out when he reads the entire manuscript. Gemma was done lying and running. That's why she told Jax there was another copy of JT's manuscript.

I've pretty much come to terms that the club will make Jax meet Mr. Mayhem. He definitely seems ready to go, leaving the boys to Wendy & Nero and the club to Chibs. I still think the condition is color can now join the club, but I'd say there's a decent chance that Sutter is going somewhere else with that. For me, the only big thing left is which Sons die in the finale. My best guess is Tig, Happy, Rat, and Quinn all meet Mr. Mayhem by the end of the episode.
    Yeah, I can see all of this. I just hope Chibbs makes it. I really can't take him dying....and honestly, I want Jax to somehow find a way out too. This whole season was so senseless. Jury? Really...makes no sense.
    If Tig and Hap go, I hope it's in some amazing blaze of glory. I can see Hap saying something really funny right before he gets riddled with bullets, lol...as he stabs his killer to death, obviously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post

did I miss this in the episode? did she say she killed him?

vCash
    well damn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    well damn.
    Aye.....

I have a feeling this is gonna end with me being very depressed....

vCash
    I've got mixed feelings on the ending. I'm pretty sure I'll hate it by tomorrow... his death was completely irrelevant and senseless given the circumstances.

vCash
    I've got mixed feelings on the ending. I'm pretty sure I'll hate it by tomorrow... his death was completely irrelevant and senseless given the circumstances.
    As i've said, and I'll always say: the directing and writing of these past 2 seasons are beyond atrocious. That doesn't mean I don't find the characters or the story compelling, because I wouldn't have watched every episode every Tuesday night if I felt otherwise....

I'm really glad Chibbs, Hap, and Tig didn't die...and that last scene with them all together was rough.

OK....the homeless bitch. WTF? Bread and vinegar? And to bring that back to the last frame? That shit is 17ing stupid.

One thing I did like, however. The first thing you saw in the pilot episode, was the crow on the hwy sign, and you saw it again in the closing seconds of the show. I appreciate the full circle aspect of that. I also really liked the scene with Jax and Nero. That was rough too. Jimmy (Nero) became one of my favorite characters of the show; he did a really really good job.

vCash
    Basically, this whole season felt cheap. The story progression (to an ultimate end) was totally forced. My love for the characters of this show are really the only thing that kept me going this season. Jackson, Chibs, Tig, Nero, Juice, Unser, etc. All were top notch.

Though different shows, comparing the arc of SOA with The Shield, really show how not to end a show. I remember walking away from that season finale being like "wow". I didn't have that feeling here; which is a shame, because I've (we've) invested nearly a decade into these characters.

vCash
    I actually enjoyed it. Jax accepted who he was, saved the club, but did the right thing with his boys. The only thing I would have wished for is to have a quick time jump to see where the boys were and if his plan really worked. I also loved the nod to The Shield at the end with Michael Chiklis (Vic Mackey) driving the truck, especially with him being the one to take Gemma to Oregon in the last episode.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Looks like Jax is prepared to die, hand the club over to Chibbs, and let his boys grow up with Wendy and Nero on the farm.

Color will be voted into the club a.k.a. the Grimm Bastards.
    It was predictable and I'm sure many of you thought the same thing but I was correct. No classic Sutter twist this time.

That said, I liked the episode and thought it was a suitable ending to the show. I'll have to rewatch it without all the damn commercials.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    WMD and 91, I'm with you guys.... now what are we gonna do on Tuesday nights? lol

I actually started watching maybe the last couple of episodes of season one. then around season 4 or 5, my wife got interested, so we netflixed it from the beginning, watching two or three at a time until we caught up, and have been hooked ever since.

They hinted at a couple of new shows in the afterword. I never watched the shield, but they said something about sutter writing on the west wing (?) That show was my favorite during it's run.
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    WMD and 91, I'm with you guys.... now what are we gonna do on Tuesday nights? lol

I actually started watching maybe the last couple of episodes of season one. then around season 4 or 5, my wife got interested, so we netflixed it from the beginning, watching two or three at a time until we caught up, and have been hooked ever since.

They hinted at a couple of new shows in the afterword. I never watched the shield, but they said something about sutter writing on the west wing (?) That show was my favorite during it's run.
    The Shield is one of the best TV shows ever made. It's up there with all the HBO classics, as well (Sopranos, Oz, Wire, Deadwood, etc.); the production quality and the writing is that good.

vCash
    out of all those, I think I watched some of OZ... I didn't have HBO back then
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Deadwood is probably the most under appreciated show ever. was great.

the whole self sacrifice with his arms out and the bread/wine reference didn't sit well with me. Not that I'm the type to get insulted by religious symbolism in shows, but I just don't draw any type of correlation between Jesus and Jax. In some weird way, that's what was implied (intentionally or not) with the homeless lady, the wine and bread, and Jax's death. Just strange and doesn't fit.

Seems like they would've given him a more relevant death that ties in with the history of the show.

vCash
    Deadwood is probably the most under appreciated show ever. was great.

the whole self sacrifice with his arms out and the bread/wine reference didn't sit well with me. Not that I'm the type to get insulted by religious symbolism in shows, but I just don't draw any type of correlation between Jesus and Jax. In some weird way, that's what was implied (intentionally or not) with the homeless lady, the wine and bread, and Jax's death. Just strange and doesn't fit.

Seems like they would've given him a more relevant death that ties in with the history of the show.
    yeah, I wasn't too keen on that symbolism either...

He died like his father. How does it not fit?
    cautiously optimistic

Banned
    vCash
    (spoiler alert)

One thing I found almost laughable about the ending was how bad the CGI was immediately before the bike hit the truck. In one frame (from the perspective of the truck driver) it literally looked like Jax was just in suspended animation prior to the collision. It was so bad that for a split second I thought he had a change of heart and just stopped the bike in the middle of the road even though he was gunning it at 70+ mph. Pretty disappointing to have the defining climax of a show you've watched for 7 years have the same special effects quality as a South Park episode.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    (spoiler alert)

One thing I found almost laughable about the ending was how bad the CGI was immediately before the bike hit the truck. In one frame (from the perspective of the truck driver) it literally looked like Jax was just in suspended animation prior to the collision. It was so bad that for a split second I thought he had a change of heart and just stopped the bike in the middle of the road even though he was gunning it at 70+ mph. Pretty disappointing to have the defining climax of a show you've watched for 7 years have the same special effects quality as a South Park episode.
    For some reason, this season had horrible special effects. There were some horrible things that we never saw in the previous seasons (the wheel chair being drug behind the bike, comes to mind). Maybe they hired a new DP or cinematographer or something.