Quote Originally Posted by Technetium View Post
So the short of it is this: the person with the most to lose if he's wrong about the validity of the rumor is not putting much stock into it. Some with less to use (message board posters) believe it to be true and claim sources. I'd say that puts this rumor squarely in the doubtful category, along with most rumors. Still, it's fun to hope it's true and dream of watching the NCAA add even more fuel to that dumpster fire...
I'm skeptical of the rumors surrounding one recruit, but not the other. The issue isn't whether it's been reported to the NCAA (it has), it's whether the NCAA is going to use it to 1) corroborate the other other allegations without intent to punish OM for the 2017 class allegation - or - 2) open up yet another investigation looking into the 2017 class.

If I were conducting the investigation, I'd let OM walk into the COI hearing and challenge the LOI and failure to monitor charges, pretend they have everything under control, and then drop the bombshell that they've been caught doing the same damn thing again in 2017. Use that testimony and evidence to corroborate stories from the 2016 class (and earlier) to show a pattern of neglect and prove that they are incapable of controlling the process. The NCAA has enough allegations from previous classes to hammer them into the Stone Age. They don't need any more. But they have evidence of additional cheating in the 2017 class, so I have a feeling they're going to use it one way or the other. Regardless of how it's used though, OM is royally screwed.