Thread: OM to Michigan thread (dawg61 thread stolen from sps)

vCash

OM to Michigan thread (dawg61 thread stolen from sps)

Copy and pasted...

quote:
    Earlier on Tuesday, we confirmed that Ole Miss sophomore quarterback Shea Patterson, redshirt sophomore wide receiver Van Jefferson and sophomore safety Deontay Anderson will be visiting Michigan this weekend.

Sources said Tuesday night that there are four other Ole Miss players that either have interest in Michigan or that Michigan is interested in.

They are sophomore offensive lineman Greg Little, freshman defensive back Breon Dixon, redshirt freshman offensive lineman Bryce Mathews and redshirt freshman tight end Jacob Mathis.

1) Shea Patterson
    2) Greg Little
    3)Van Jefferson
    4) Deontay Andersen
    5)Bryce Matthews
    6)Jacob Mathus
    7) Breon Dixon

Rivals.com update

vCash
    If Michigan takes those 7, OM in trouble

Banned
    vCash
    Are their whiskey & women in play? I'm still not believing the "M" on jet in oxfart. Wrong "M" for tsun. Still can't stop laughing.

Banned
    vCash
    Yea that's totally gutting them. The scholarship penalties I believed are stretched out over a couple years but 7 guys to one school is brutal. Ole Miss really is gonna have to have tryouts for the football team next year. Kinda amazing Michigan can add that many.

vCash
    Is this Harbaugh getting payback? Was it Treadwell that was going to Mich before the flip?

vCash
    It couldn’t have happened to a better team. But, it seems a bit crazy that a school can just fly in and take your players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Is this Harbaugh getting payback? Was it Treadwell that was going to Mich before the flip?
    Harbaugh was not there when treadwell was being recruited

vCash
    Michigan has established a recruiting field office in Oxford, MS, I see. They are the real UM, as well.

vCash
    I'm adding the Ihop in Oxford to my bucket list.

vCash
    Ole Miss also has a problem with these 1 unofficial visit per recruit limits. People are just now figuring out how big of a deal this really is.

For a school that prides itself on selling its party life to recruits and bringing them in a few times- only getting one shot hampers all that
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tireddawg View Post
    Ole Miss tried to buy Reshan Gary out from under Michigan like they did with Tunsil and UGA. I think even the athletic director mentioned something about schools (insinuated Ole Miss) doing unethical things in recruiting. I could see Harbaugh wanting to take advantage of any situation but also putting a dagger into Ole Miss might be icing on the cake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Ole Miss also has a problem with these 1 unofficial visit per recruit limits. People are just now figuring out how big of a deal this really is.

For a school that prides itself on selling its party life to recruits and bringing them in a few times- only getting one shot hampers all that
    Yeah, as I said yesterday, it makes me wonder if the NCAA took the "politically correct" route in these sanctions by not taking away many schollies in an effort to not be taking away opportunities for young men, while making it extremely difficult for Ole Miss to land highly recruited players.

It will be interesting to see the affect of this sanction as it may lead the NCAA into a new era of how they sanction schools.

vCash

This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yeah, as I said yesterday, it makes me wonder if the NCAA took the "politically correct" route in these sanctions by not taking away many schollies in an effort to not be taking away opportunities for young men, while making it extremely difficult for Ole Miss to land highly recruited players.

It will be interesting to see the affect of this sanction as it may lead the NCAA into a new era of how they sanction schools.
    They should have given them another bowl ban year if that was the case. That doesn't affect schollies but does affect recruiting and allows more people to transfer.

vCash

Wasn't this the primary issue that made Chris Jones recruiting saga down to the wire? Does hookers get paid to text recruits or does the coaching staff have someone use whatever number they give the recruits to catfish them?

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

I don't know why ppl are not talking about this more. It's huge.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I think you are right about a new era of sanctions. The NCAA is very aware of how long their investigations take and that sanctions can impact players who were not around or involved in violations. This makes things like bowl bans and transfer waivers a better tool than heavy scholarship limits. I think the NCAA knew OM had a large class of graduating seniors, and a bunch of mercs on the team who would jump ship as soon as they were given the opportunity. They are staring down the barrel of only having 68-75 guys on the roster, half of whom (2017 and 2018 classes) aren't SEC caliber. It's gonna be real hard to land 21 SEC quality players in 2019 coming off 2-10, while having recruiting restrictions.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Ole Miss tried to buy Reshan Gary out from under Michigan like they did with Tunsil and UGA. I think even the athletic director mentioned something about schools (insinuated Ole Miss) doing unethical things in recruiting. I could see Harbaugh wanting to take advantage of any situation but also putting a dagger into Ole Miss might be icing on the cake.
    That's right. I knew it was someone they bought out from under them.