Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Staff

vCash

Staff

I know its been beaten like a dead horse but if some folks arent announced today is it time to worry about who the DC and staff will be

vCash
    just a guess but some of these folks may still be involved in the playoffs and Moorhead is waiting until the conclusion of the games. I agree we need to start hearing something soon.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I know its been beaten like a dead horse but if some folks arent announced today is it time to worry about who the DC and staff will be
    Nope. 3 months from now sure.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Not worried. Moorhead and Cohen are going to get it right.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    He has been our coach for less than a week and already poached PSU's top recruiter and kept our best off the field staff intact. RELAX.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    Moorhead said he could fill his staff in just a few phone calls but he rather get it right. I trust him to make his own hires on his timeline.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    I agree
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    I'm getting anxious for sure.

I hope that he's taking his time instead of his 1st-4th options are saying no thanks.

vCash
    Is this gonna be the new agenda?

Some of you guys who are worried about a new Coach on Dec 4 should find a new hobby. Obviously known of you guys have a clue about Coaching and how things are done, and yes I once Coached and was an AD! Please step away from the edge.

vCash
    He hasn't had the job a week and the sky's falling.

Good grief.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    damn, found a perfect gif and I cannot figure out how to get it in here.

https://giant.gfycat.com/CandidKeyHa...butterfly.webm
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

Some of you guys who are worried about a new Coach on Dec 4 should find a new hobby. Obviously known of you guys have a clue about Coaching and how things are done, and yes I once Coached and was an AD! Please step away from the edge.
    You were an AD? That's awesome! Great to have someone with real world perspective for this issue.

Tell me, which of these is most likely to be true:

A) We got Moorhead quickly because IB did his homework far in advance and our whole coaching search was basically just the final interview stage. Finding a DC, however, is taking a little bit longer because we don't have all of that advance warning, and the search process had to begin from the beginning because we only just got our coach.

-or-

B) The sky is falling and we are going to have to bring back Sirmon at double his old salary because we are clearly in desperation mode.
    WHY IS EVERYONE YELLING?!?

vCash
    I don't understand why people are demanding that our staff be fully in place and complete only a couple of weeks or so after we hired Moorhead. He probably has most of his staff basically in place but they're at other places and are probably waiting for the appropriate time to let their current employers know. Not all coaches are like Dan and let everyone know that they want out months ahead of time. In fact the rumor is he already has most of his offensive staff in place so we'll probably hear some rumors today or tomorrow and some official hires later in the week. Then you have guys that may stay like Looney, Baker, and Boniol.

And I'll say this ahead of time right now- if you're expecting another Grantham hire at DC you're probably going to be disappointed. I imagine that we're probably going to get either Bob Shoop, Vic Koenning, or David Blackwell from Jacksonville State. We might see a Co-DC situation like Moorhead had at Fordham too. Just speculation on my part. But the pending meltdown isn't. However, if people research the three coaches I just mentioned I think they should be satisfied because they meet the criteria that we want except for being a "big name".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogDX55 View Post
    You were an AD? That's awesome! Great to have someone with real world perspective for this issue.

Tell me, which of these is most likely to be true:

A) We got Moorhead quickly because IB did his homework far in advance and our whole coaching search was basically just the final interview stage. Finding a DC, however, is taking a little bit longer because we don't have all of that advance warning, and the search process had to begin from the beginning because we only just got our coach.

-or-

B) The sky is falling and we are going to have to bring back Sirmon at double his old salary because we are clearly in desperation mode.
    A.

We aren't even close to B at this point and won't even start to get there until the last week of January. People forget that Dan made a lot of his hires after NSD in February. At least officially.

vCash

Well the early signing period is less than three weeks away. Don't pay enough attention to know whether having a DC in place will matter for that or not. I would think that defensive recruits that weren't just MSU fans would want to know who their defensive coordinator is before committing, which would mean having a DC in place at least early enough to visit recruits on the defensive side of the ball before the signing period opens would be helpful.

vCash
    Moorhead had the perfect answer for what he is looking for in a DC, "someone who has multiple sets, is unpredictable and someone I have a hard time getting an offensive game plan".

Like any AD or HC, good ones always think ahead and have a list of candidates just in case. Sometimes assistant Coaches have obligations (family, contracts) and their timing may be just a little off to make an announcement about changing jobs. It happened to me a long time ago about making a change in a job.

I'm betting Moorhead knows who will be our next DC, he already had a list of ones he liked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Well the early signing period is less than three weeks away. Don't pay enough attention to know whether having a DC in place will matter for that or not. I would think that defensive recruits that weren't just MSU fans would want to know who their defensive coordinator is before committing, which would mean having a DC in place at least early enough to visit recruits on the defensive side of the ball before the signing period opens would be helpful.
    It's not all about this class and early signing, we have Coaches who are on this, most will sign that committed, yes we may lose a few but I bet we gain a few as well. Stop thinking about now but the future which is goal for Moorhead.

vCash
    Yep it definitely has. Coach Moorhead and Coach Huff are out meeting with our commits. THey can explain better what the vision of his program is and how the recruit will be utilized than new coaches coming in. He has been here less than a week, and the sky is still falling for some on here, but not for our president, athletic director, or head football coach.

vCash
    It's not all about this class and early signing, we have Coaches who are on this, most will sign that committed, yes we may lose a few but I bet we gain a few as well. Stop thinking about now but the future which is goal for Moorhead.
    I don't think we will lose very many if any.

Mayden said he's coming to MSU and that was the main one I would have been worried about. I don't think McPherson flips as long as we have Boniol. Most of our commits committed to us because of MSU- not Dan.

I'm not counting Bleich because he never committed to us and Ross was probably going to get dropped anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Yep it definitely has. Coach Moorhead and Coach Huff are out meeting with our commits. THey can explain better what the vision of his program is and how the recruit will be utilized than new coaches coming in. He has been here less than a week, and the sky is still falling for some on here, but not for our president, athletic director, or head football coach.
    Or 98% of MSU fans.