Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss and the impact of #TheNetworks downfall

vCash

Ole Miss and the impact of #TheNetworks downfall

Lost in the echo of what many deem as “disappointing” is this specific sanction: “Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.”

Let that sink in. Based on our (the elitedawgs) intel, most of the infractions that OM partakes in are during the “unofficial visits”.

Now- dwell on this. OM lost these things thru this investigation:
    - Hugh Freeze
    - Cam Akers (see my other thread that Ive bumped)
    - 2 bowl games
    - $20 million
    - 13 schollys
    - AND the asst coach (Farrar) with the black book that ran the empire

Id say the OM was hit significantly. Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM. Its also a fact that he did not enroll at OM only because of the looming investigation. This info came straight from a former coach to my ears. You can see that thread here: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...-an-Old-friend
    Last edited by Behrdawg; 12-04-2017 at 07:57 AM.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Oh. Dont forget about the upcoming players who are going to transfer.
    Yes- that Behr

Banned
    vCash
    2017 is the age of snowflake millennials who are offended by the wind blowing the wrong direction. How in the world does a school named after what slaves called their Master's wife, and whose mascot was a soldier in the Army defending that way of life, so successful in getting ANY players, much less African-American?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt the Hoople View Post
    2017 is the age of snowflake millennials who are offended by the wind blowing the wrong direction. How in the world does a school named after what slaves called their Master's wife, and whose mascot was a soldier in the Army defending that way of life, so successful in getting ANY players, much less African-American?
    Benjamin$, new rides and hookers!

vCash
    They are also limited on in house visits. The guy who lives across the street from me who is a big Rebel said they got off light on the scholarships but everything else was a gut kick. There are a lot of little things in the documents that you have to really read to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Oh. Dont forget about the upcoming players who are going to transfer.
    The transfers are going to be the killer - especially with the hard 25 signees and the end of "counting back".
    This year OM has a huge Senior class that takes them down to about 65 players. Signing 25 this year seems almost impossible when they only have 11 commits this late (7 of whom are out of state and could jump ship easily). If they have 12 or so transfers as predicted, that puts them in the low 50s in roster count. If more than that jump they are screwed for a while. The NCAA knew what they were doing with the 2nd bowl ban. Putting a terrible product on the field for the next 5 years will do more than scholarship reductions. It hits them in season ticket sales, sponsorships, food sales, etc. That will impact the other sports too. Ole Miss is about to really fall behind.

While many here feel they didn't get enough, the NCAA targeted a few specific things with their punishments. First, they fired a shot across the bow with the booster culture stretching thru "decades". They recognized that Ole Miss has never stopped cheating. This is a first that I know of, and smacks them with an official label by the NCAA - you are, and always have been cheaters. Buyer be ware.

Second, they hit the Network. 12 boosters and all the staff bagmen (except Luke, but we can come back to that) are gone and gone for a while. Note that a number of those Boosters are companies that spend large amounts of money advertising with Ole Miss. That is an additional wallet hit.

Third - I think they may have set OM up by not pursuing Luke for punishment. You can't convince me with his history that he isn't dirty, but the "I quit participating because I didn't feel good about what was going on" smacks of a Huge Freeze self-preservation sermon. Leaving Luke in place gives OM a chance to change their ways, or show their true colors again. I think the NCAA will be watching that real closely. If Luke starts having a Merry Flipmas, or reeling in big bass, they will be watching.

vCash
    They won’t quit. Not as long as they have a program. They may dial it back to MS and some lower rated recruits in neighboring states, but that will be about it.

vCash
    I'm not sure the unofficial visits limit is going to deter them. I don't see any practical way for the NCAA to monitor or enforce it.

vCash
    They will cheat their asses off for a few talented MS kids from now on for the next five years or so. But, Moorhead and Huff are about to enlarge our recruiting footprint. It's not solely going to be about getting all the MS talent anymore. If om pays three MS four stars to play for them we will be able to draw three four stars of equal, if not better talent, from another area of the country.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it’s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss’ fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can’t change who you are.
    Last edited by Lumpy Chucklelips; 12-04-2017 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it’s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss’ fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can’t change who you are.
    100% correct
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    The investigation caused them a set back. I think everyone gets that. They won't stop though and they'll be right back where they were in 5 years. Losing Hugh Freeze isn't that big of deal. Matt Luke is just as good of a coach as Freeze, and so is anyone else they'd get. If Freeze was any good they would've been competing for national championships. God knows they were getting the talent. Their head coach is much more of a political figure than an actual coach to me.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it?s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss? fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can?t change who you are.
    Damn dude. I hope everything turned out well for you in the long run.

But true, most people tend to do the same thing over and over for whatever reason. Animals are creatures of habit and humans may be some of the worst.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Behrdawg View Post
    Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM.
    Which signees?

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Damn dude. I hope everything turned out well for you in the long run.
    Best thing ever happened to me. I thank the guy on a daily basis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    Which signees?
    Im going to keep that one on the DL.
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Has anyone figured out how they got less than 1 reduced scholly per level 1 violation?

I just can’t fathom the explanation of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Has anyone figured out how they got less than 1 reduced scholly per level 1 violation?

I just can’t fathom the explanation of that.
    Because Sanky was the chair of the committee. Recusal be damned
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

Banned
    vCash
    Here's my take / theory on the way the COI came down. First, some common known facts. The Blue Bloods turned in tsun because they had had enough of their bullshit. As scathing as the 58 pg report is, it doesn't touch the surface of what was actually going on in what the report defines as "decades of corrupt culture". I doubt the NCAA and the Blue Bloods think that all that was going down with Paidwell, Tunsil, AJ etc.... were cars, $10K, electricity bill money, etc...

It would appear the NCAA, the Blue Bloods and tsun had a coming to Jesus meeting prior to the official verdict. It would appear some of the verdict was leaked due to the # of tsun posts talking about self imposed being the bulk of the COI decision.

I'm thinking the NCAA informed tsun that we've got you by the balls and your shit stops NOW. Yea, I know they continued to cheat while under the microscope and all but just check out their '17 class along with what they've got going with '18. It's hard to deny the network has been damaged.

For years all we've ever wanted was to be able to compete with tsun on equal footing. From my observation, that day just may very well have arrived. Time will very soon tell if my prediction is correct. and if so, good times lay ahead for us. head to head on a level playing field in MS, it's "The People's University" vs a school named after (Let Mutt fill in the blanks). I'll take those odds every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Here's my take / theory on the way the COI came down. First, some common known facts. The Blue Bloods turned in tsun because they had had enough of their bullshit. As scathing as the 58 pg report is, it doesn't touch the surface of what was actually going on in what the report defines as "decades of corrupt culture". I doubt the NCAA and the Blue Bloods think that all that was going down with Paidwell, Tunsil, AJ etc.... were cars, $10K, electricity bill money, etc...

It would appear the NCAA, the Blue Bloods and tsun had a coming to Jesus meeting prior to the official verdict. It would appear some of the verdict was leaked due to the # of tsun posts talking about self imposed being the bulk of the COI decision.

I'm thinking the NCAA informed tsun that we've got you by the balls and your shit stops NOW. Yea, I know they continued to cheat while under the microscope and all but just check out their '17 class along with what they've got going with '18. It's hard to deny the network has been damaged.

For years all we've ever wanted was to be able to compete with tsun on equal footing. From my observation, that day just may very well have arrived. Time will very soon tell if my prediction is correct. and if so, good times lay ahead for us. head to head on a level playing field in MS, it's "The People's University" vs a school named after (Let Mutt fill in the blanks). I'll take those odds every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    They have been clipped. I assume in a few years the pressure will build and it will kick back in. However there are a lot of boosters who can't do anything right now.