Quote Originally Posted by Ranchdawg View Post
I do not understand Gotro?s hitting philosophy. I thought you were taught to read the ball as it leaves the pitcher?s hand. But it appears to me we are reading the ball a lot closer to home plate. Thus our hitters not able to make solid contact. Also it appears to me that umpires this year are generally giving a very low strike zone. Why are we not adjusting to this low strike zone in their swings at the plate.

I may be way off base with my thoughts. Pardon with the pun!
I don’t know regarding higher level pitching at any age. Would love to hear c24.

Tony Gwynn said look at the pitchers cap bill or another spot in that area them slide your eyes over.

That’s a part of hitting we don’t hear much about but imo is arguably more important than some goofy swing adjustment.

Also, is it a hard focus on the ball or a soft focus. In shooting guns with a red dot for example, the best shooters talk about target focus and seeing the red dot cross that spot in a soft focus/blurry. This is for fast shooting in a competition or cwb setting. So, to me I would have a very hard focus on the ball it’s closer to what fast shooters do.