Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Cannizaro?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpatrol View Post
    Great then put Barlow in the lineup over mangum then. See how rediculus that statement sounds. Then hit the pitchers this weekend and see how that works out. Rooker was 0-3 or 0-4 Tuesday, maybe a pitcher should hit for him as well, crazy right. As far as 2 pitchers reaching base safely, one was a dropped fly ball and the other a walk not exactly stuff to hang your hat on if your a hitter. Just cause hitters don't get a hit doesn't mean there not giving effort it means they didn't get a hit this time it's a game of failures and a lot of them. Like I said in multiple posts, if a pitcher or all the pitchers can hit then by ALL means please put them in the game and lets go win, but somehow I think you and everyone else including me want our best hitters at the plate as much as possible, if they are not our best hitters then play the other ones.
    See your not getting it, and I honestly dont think you will. I have a 3 yr old and can never win an arguement with her. Somehow this reminds me of that. Cann DID NOT put the pitchers in because he thought they were better hitters than Rooker or Mangum or Stovall or whoever the hell else. He put them in to make a mother 17in point dude. The point was to tighten their shit up and play ball like you know how, or I will replace your ass with someone that will give me everything they got and leave it all on the mother 17in field. Thats it... No onethrew anyone under the bus by taking the boys out of the game. No one said they couldnt hit and said the pitchers were better hitters. He plainly said give me 110% effort, or I will find someone who will... Thats it.. no more or no less... You keep coming up with these god awful summaries about how he or we think pitchers can hit better than people we have hitting. No one said that. NOT ONE DAMN PERSON! NOT ONE DAMN PERSON... and no, I doubt we will ever see Pilk or Price with a bat in there hands again. And no, he prolly wouldnt have done it on the wknd. As I also dont think the guys would have come out that flat on a wknd game. They came out flat as shit with a I dont give a rats ass attitude. Cann said, Uh no lil homies, this shit aint happening... So he started benching people. What I think and really hope is that Cann is telling the guys you will play at a certain level every game, everyday while you are wearing that jersey. Plain and simple. Thats not too much to ask. If you have an off day and make a couple errors or arent seeing the ball very well, so be it. It happens. Even to All Americans like Rooker and Mangum and hell Im sure that kid McKay from the Ville who will most likely be the #1 pick has an off day every once in awhile. What he was saying is if you have an off day, you better well be having an off day while hustling your ass off and TRYING to make plays. Our guys werent, so he found people who would.

Oh and as far as your Gordon comment above as to why he didnt get to play and we all said he could smash.... HE can smash... The only problem is he either smashes it 450 ft or smashes the dang gnats over the plate while the ball goes past him. He has been given his chance with the bat and has showed he is better used on the mound. You bring him in, it really donest make the point. Cann wanted to make a clear cut point, by SAYNG IT DOESNT MATTER WHO I HAVE TO USE, WHETHER IT BE MY ALL SEC ACE OR MY NATIONAL LEADING AND SOON TO BE ALL SEC CLOSER, I WILL REPLACE YOUR ASS IN THE LINE UP... I dont really know how much more clear I can make it. Usually at this point I stop the argument with my daughter and make her go to her room... Dont really know how I can make that happen right here...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Well I was trying to be nice which is unlike me so..... yeah your a ****ing idiot when it comes to this. So go ahead and keep posting make it a ****ing 16 page thread . Throw your nonsense out there which will get blasted by those on here that know what the **** they are talking about . You would think after 9 pages you would say maybe everyone else is right and im wrong . Guess your not one of those guys . Good luck with this thread , your going to need it . Just think your only about 31,000 post away from Mstste7..
    LOL, damn you are on fire! I think he is an old snowflake.

vCash
    Competing and having the athletic ability to compete are 2 different things. I know competitors that will compete all day long but don't have the God given talent to beat better and more gifted athletes. Its a fact and it sucks some times but that's the truth. Some players are better at pitching and some are better at hitting, that's why they are chosen to play those roles when recruited. Some are superior enough to actually do both, but they are not the norm, otherwise MLB would be full of them. I'm still posting to defend my poisition just like you continue to post.
    You just don't get it do you? Tuesday night was not about who the best hitters were it was about WHO was gonna get out there and put out the effort Cann wanted to see. Like I said earlier this kinda thing used to be very common years ago when coaches weren't afraid of offending players. I've played and coached Baseball most of my life, I don't have all the answers but I know one thing for dang sure if your players aren't out there competing like you expect you get there a** out of there and find somebody who will. It doesn't meant the players you pulled don't care or don't compete it's just they weren't responding at that time and the message to them and your team has to be clear. I think the kids on our team this year have plenty of heart and guts and I guarantee they will own this and step up. That's why you do it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    Exactly, and the players weren't putting in the effort to win so the coach made changes.
    I'm perfectly fine with changes, but you don't remove better hitters in a game for pitchers who apparently are not their for their hitting prowess. If we had better hitters that could have helped win the game then put them in, if not go with a proven commodity who actually hits on a everyday basis. If we want to be perfectly honest on here, who actually believes that we have a pitcher that will out hit the best hitter in the SEC last year. If you want to prove a point then do it outside of countable games. If our players are that bad then remove them from the team and lets play with what's left. Point is, your here to put your best 9 on the field and try to win games, not some of the games but as many as possible.

vCash
    There were 4 players not subed for, Rooker moved to right field, Skelton stayed behind the plate, and Gridley and Stovall swapped positions. Jakes hand was killing him so no need to leave him in, the rest I guess you can say it is what it is!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    You just don't get it do you? Tuesday night was not about who the best hitters were it was about WHO was gonna get out there and put out the effort Cann wanted to see. Like I said earlier this kinda thing used to be very common years ago when coaches weren't afraid of offending players. I've played and coached Baseball most of my life, I don't have all the answers but I know one thing for dang sure if your players aren't out there competing like you expect you get there a** out of there and find somebody who will. It doesn't meant the players you pulled don't care or don't compete it's just they weren't responding at that time and the message to them and your team has to be clear. I think the kids on our team this year have plenty of heart and guts and I guarantee they will own this and step up. That's why you do it!
    You have some in this thread claiming Cann was actually trying to win that game though, which is BS. Cann was thinking next game and down the line and it could pay off huge... who knows? Make no mistake though, we quit Tuesday.

vCash
    Damn what a thread. I'm dizzy from reading this. The Bottom line is Cann and Heanderson have achieved way more with this team than anyone ever expected. I'm good with whatever they do. Sometimes a Coach has to do things Fans don't get. Take a deep breath and ride the wave.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    You have some in this thread claiming Cann was actually trying to win that game though, which is BS. Cann was thinking next game and down the line and it could pay off huge... who knows? Make no mistake though, we quit Tuesday.
    It's not quitting when you're doing something to improve play down the road. That's what some of you folks need to realize. It's not always about one game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's not quitting when you're doing something to improve play down the road. That's what some of you folks need to realize. It's not always about one game.
    Bingo!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I acknowledged that it could definetely pay off down the road, but we didn't try to win THAT game

vCash
    Now can we get back to Andruw and all agree he's the best to ever patrol the outfield with a glove in MLB history haha

vCash
    Now can we get back to Andruw and all agree he's the best to ever patrol the outfield with a glove in MLB history haha
    Nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoodsdawg View Post
    There were 4 players not subed for, Rooker moved to right field, Skelton stayed behind the plate, and Gridley and Stovall swapped positions. Jakes hand was killing him so no need to leave him in, the rest I guess you can say it is what it is!
    Unless you have info we dont, we don't know if Jake was pulled for hand or whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    It's not about offending anyone, I could care less about hurting feelings, it's about winning and winning only. Play the best 9 all the time no matter who they are, but you cannot convince me ,our pitchers are better hitters than everyday lineup, if they are great let them hit everyday please.

vCash
    It's not about offending anyone, I could care less about hurting feelings, it's about winning and winning only. Play the best 9 all the time no matter who they are, but you cannot convince me ,our pitchers are better hitters than everyday lineup, if they are great let them hit everyday please.
    Once again, I never said our pitchers are better hitters, that's not the point. The point is about finding players who were gonna go out there on TUESDAY night and do what Cann wanted. Geez.

vCash
    Exactly, if we win this weekend it will sound like this "coach lit a fire under them and they responded" if we lose this weekend it will sound like "Coach tried and players didn't respond" either way I don't give a sh!t. Just play whoever the best 9 are and give us the best chance at success and keep the discipline/ motivation tactics for later.

vCash
    Exactly, if we win this weekend it will sound like this "coach lit a fire under them and they responded" if we lose this weekend it will sound like "Coach tried and players didn't respond" either way I don't give a sh!t. Just play whoever the best 9 are and give us the best chance at success and keep the discipline/ motivation tactics for later.
    Sometimes those best 9 need a lil help finding there way... Sometimes they dont... Cann is just trying to make them play at their ability....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    See your not getting it, and I honestly dont think you will. I have a 3 yr old and can never win an arguement with her. Somehow this reminds me of that. Cann DID NOT put the pitchers in because he thought they were better hitters than Rooker or Mangum or Stovall or whoever the hell else. He put them in to make a mother 17in point dude. The point was to tighten their shit up and play ball like you know how, or I will replace your ass with someone that will give me everything they got and leave it all on the mother 17in field. Thats it... No onethrew anyone under the bus by taking the boys out of the game. No one said they couldnt hit and said the pitchers were better hitters. He plainly said give me 110% effort, or I will find someone who will... Thats it.. no more or no less... You keep coming up with these god awful summaries about how he or we think pitchers can hit better than people we have hitting. No one said that. NOT ONE DAMN PERSON! NOT ONE DAMN PERSON... and no, I doubt we will ever see Pilk or Price with a bat in there hands again. And no, he prolly wouldnt have done it on the wknd. As I also dont think the guys would have come out that flat on a wknd game. They came out flat as shit with a I dont give a rats ass attitude. Cann said, Uh no lil homies, this shit aint happening... So he started benching people. What I think and really hope is that Cann is telling the guys you will play at a certain level every game, everyday while you are wearing that jersey. Plain and simple. Thats not too much to ask. If you have an off day and make a couple errors or arent seeing the ball very well, so be it. It happens. Even to All Americans like Rooker and Mangum and hell Im sure that kid McKay from the Ville who will most likely be the #1 pick has an off day every once in awhile. What he was saying is if you have an off day, you better well be having an off day while hustling your ass off and TRYING to make plays. Our guys werent, so he found people who would.

Oh and as far as your Gordon comment above as to why he didnt get to play and we all said he could smash.... HE can smash... The only problem is he either smashes it 450 ft or smashes the dang gnats over the plate while the ball goes past him. He has been given his chance with the bat and has showed he is better used on the mound. You bring him in, it really donest make the point. Cann wanted to make a clear cut point, by SAYNG IT DOESNT MATTER WHO I HAVE TO USE, WHETHER IT BE MY ALL SEC ACE OR MY NATIONAL LEADING AND SOON TO BE ALL SEC CLOSER, I WILL REPLACE YOUR ASS IN THE LINE UP... I dont really know how much more clear I can make it. Usually at this point I stop the argument with my daughter and make her go to her room... Dont really know how I can make that happen right here...
    I don't need it explained to me, I saw it with my on 2 eyes, we conceded the game for potential motivation purposes and that is a fact. Its not saying anyone said the pitchers are better hitters but by virtue of hitting your pitchers over regular everyday hitters your essentially conceding not scoring 6 runs to win the game. Could it happen, yes, anything is possible but highly doubtful, if Cann thought otherwise the pitchers would hit on a regular basis. So, for arguments sake, we waived the white flag in the 7th inning to send a message about this weekend.

vCash
    It seems your issue with all this is you don't agree with Cann's position that it is okay to suffer a short term setback (losing a midweek game) in order to accomplish a long term goal (making it clear that complete focus and 100% buy-in is demanded at all times). That's the fundamental disagreement here. The rest of us are fine with sending that message even if it guaranteed we were not coming back and winning Tuesday night.

Cann has shown he will suffer short term (benching Mangum, booting Cyr, booting Marrero, pulling starters who aren't focused) to accomplish long term goals and his strategy is working.

vCash
    I don't need it explained to me, I saw it with my on 2 eyes, we conceded the game for potential motivation purposes and that is a fact. Its not saying anyone said the pitchers are better hitters but by virtue of hitting your pitchers over regular everyday hitters your essentially conceding not scoring 6 runs to win the game. Could it happen, yes, anything is possible but highly doubtful, if Cann thought otherwise the pitchers would hit on a regular basis. So, for arguments sake, we waived the white flag in the 7th inning to send a message about this weekend.
    Exactly. And everyone except you is fine with doing that on a Tuesday night in mobile. It's a strategy that has worked numerous times for Cann this year.