Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Bobo to UGA OC

vCash

Mike Bobo to UGA OC

Man, I'm so glad we didn't hire the OC who Gerogia wanted to hire...right guys?

vCash
    Kirby just ****ed up.

vCash
    Bobo describing his offense:

“You know, the base philosophy is we want to be balanced,” Bobo said. “We want to run the ball, we want to play with a tight end and have a tight end side running game and a play action game but at the same time we got to get the guys that we identify as playmakers. We got to get them the ball in their hands.”

“Our style will come out as our identity of our offensive football team develops through spring and through summer and through fall camp,” Bobo said. “Whatever it takes for us to move the ball and not turn it over and put points on the board, that's going to be our style and I think if you've watched or looked at offenses that I've coordinated over the years, it's been, some years it's been, out of 11 personnel, three receivers, one tight end, one back, it's been two backs, it's been 12, two tight ends, two receivers.”
    #AirRaidForever!!#SwingYourSword!!#FireArnett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    UGA fans are irate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    UGA fans are irate
    Apparently they just don?t understand <FAMILY> like State Fans do!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    He will do a great there,......with a roster full of 5 star players.

vCash
    Call me crazy I would rather have had Bobo than Barbay.

Our 500th Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think calling you crazy would be an insult to crazy folks after this post... 😭

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    He will do a great there,......with a roster full of 5 star players.
    I could OC a team with that roster to 8-9 wins and I've never coached before.

Just like how Saban's teams seem to live and die by their coordinators in any given year, it's just hard for an outsider to tell who the good ones are because the bad ones still win 10 due to the talent advantage and the presence of Saban.

vCash
    So, being in UGA territory and having mostly UGA friends and family- I can tell you bringing Bobo back as OC will only work because of UGA's superior talent. Bobo under Richt was never as bad as UGA fans made it out to be, but at the same time it was uninventive and couldn't put together the explosiveness needed to be a difference maker. Mark Richt was a low-risk, conservative coach and I think that held UGA back during that era. Kirby is less risk adverse and I think Bobo will benefit some from that and the offense will look a lot like Monken's has the past 2 years.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Crazy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 662dawg View Post
    I think calling you crazy would be an insult to crazy folks after this post... 😭
    That's good stuff. UGA will lose 2 games with Bobo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    That's good stuff. UGA will lose 2 games with Bobo.
    Exactly. Bobo is not a good play caller. That was part of the problem with his first go-around at UGA. Monken had a very smooth offense that seemed to click very well. I expect Bobo's drives to stall out a lot sooner than Monken's did.

vCash
    You used to be a good poster, aside from your yearly ?I think we are headed to Omaha? predictions but you have hopped on the crazy train with KB. Your disdain for someone that has yet to blow a whistle in spring practice, much less call a play has gotten unbearably ridiculous.

vCash
    Let's trust Coach Arnett and his coaching hires for a year or two. If Barbay and his offense is terrible, then you make a move sooner rather than later. Our air raid regressed in 2022. I think Coach Leach would have made some adjustments with the running game if he was still with us. Hail State! Looking forward to Spring Practice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    You used to be a good poster, aside from your yearly ?I think we are headed to Omaha? predictions but you have hopped on the crazy train with KB. Your disdain for someone that has yet to blow a whistle in spring practice, much less call a play has gotten unbearably ridiculous.
    You call out one of our posters headed for 38K posts when you have only 27? You're a brave, young elitedawg!*******. Post on. All opinions, information, and even interesting rumors appreciated here! Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyDog View Post
    It?s not disdain for the coach. It?s disdain for the type of offense he runs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    It?s not disdain for the coach. It?s disdain for the type of offense he runs.
    Didn't his offense at App State beat aTm this past season? I'm interested to seeing some new ideas. JMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Didn't his offense at App State beat aTm this past season? I'm interested to seeing some new ideas. JMO.
    He ran the ball 50 times vs TAMU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    He ran the ball 50 times vs TAMU.
    He won the game