Thread: Brian Hadad is in a heated Twitter debate....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Making MSU a consistent 8 game winner would be a stupendous achievement. It?s amazing how everyone on most MSU boards always harps on being realistic, yet can never bring themselves to accept this FACT.
    We're a consistent 8 game winner right now. If you average out our wins and assuming we win 8 this year the average comes out to 8 since 2014. And I think someone the other day said if we win 8 this year Dan would average 8 wins for his career which sounds about right to me.

That's also why it makes no sense to me to say that we can't improve above what we are now when essentially all we have to do is recruit a couple of position groups slightly better than we are now. Position groups that we have recruited reasonably well in the past before Dan and in some cases during Dan's time here.

It would be like Cann not recruiting any pitching and me saying that a SR is the best we could do when logically if we improved pitching we could go to Omaha more consistently.

We have to stop using our history as a crutch to define our ceiling and excuse issues that the coaching staff may have or had in the past. We need to start looking instead at the current situation and the framework of what we are now at this point in the present rather than what we were 30 years ago. The SEC has changed, college football has changed and MSU has changed. Things favor us more now than any other time in our program's history. And it's only going to take some small improvements to make it that much better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're a consistent 8 game winner right now. If you average out our wins and assuming we win 8 this year the average comes out to 8 since 2014. And I think someone the other day said if we win 8 this year Dan would average 8 wins for his career which sounds about right to me.

That's also why it makes no sense to me to say that we can't improve above what we are now when essentially all we have to do is recruit a couple of position groups slightly better than we are now. Position groups that we have recruited reasonably well in the past before Dan and in some cases during Dan's time here.

It would be like Cann not recruiting any pitching and me saying that a SR is the best we could do when logically if we improved pitching we could go to Omaha more consistently.

We have to stop using our history as a crutch to define our ceiling and excuse issues that the coaching staff may have or had in the past. We need to start looking instead at the current situation and the framework of what we are now at this point in the present rather than what we were 30 years ago. The SEC has changed, college football has changed and MSU has changed. Things favor us more now than any other time in our program's history. And it's only going to take some small improvements to make it that much better.
    No we aren’t. We have averaged that since 2014 but that doesn't make you a consistant 8 game winner. Do over a couple of decades and then you are getting there. Who in the heck is using history as a crutch? If you don’t know where you have been you don’t know where you are. That’s the problem a lot of MSU people have, they won’t recognize where we have been so they don’t know where we are. What they are doing is trying to measure us by other people's History. That’s a recipe for frustration and eventual disaster. It’s what has killed MSU for 70 years.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 10-17-2017 at 08:22 AM.

vCash
    No we aren’t. We have averaged that since 2014 but that doesn't make you a consistant 8 game winner. Do over a couple of decades and then you are getting there. Who in the heck is using history as a crutch? If you don’t know where you have been you don’t know where you are. That’s the problem a lot of MSU people have, they won’t recognize where we have been so they don’t know where we are. What they are doing is trying to measure us by other people's History. That’s a recipe for frustration and eventual disaster. It’s what has killed MSU for 70 years.
    Since 2009 we have averaged 7.6 wins a year. Add in Croom's last two years and it drops to 7.3. So yeah- we're a consistent 8 win team right now.

You use history as a reason for why we can't do something. Instead of looking at the mistakes and correcting them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Since 2009 we have averaged 7.6 wins a year. Add in Croom's last two years and it drops to 7.3. So yeah- we're a consistent 8 win team right now.

You use history as a reason for why we can't do something. Instead of looking at the mistakes and correcting them.
    That not even a decade.

vCash
    That not even a decade.
    Yeah- it's only 9 years. Enough to get a good idea of where we are and what the results will likely be short term. Want to bet v-cash that we don't win 8 or more this year and next? I also included a couple of Croom's years which take it out to 10- actually 11 to be precise. We're an eight win team now period.