Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From "9 over 3" to Alford writing this...

vCash
    Baahhhh come on, guys! Get a grip! Come back down to earth. The investigation has been over for a while! If Rosebowl would shut his trap it would all go away. Yakkidy, yakkidy, wakka, wakka, yada, yada, yada....

vCash
    The only question left is..
    Wil the 30 for 30 be a 2 or 3 part series

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    They are recruiting in the 50s right now with a talent depleted roster in all spots except the dline, receiver, and qb. Imagine how bad it's going to get after they land a shitty class this year to add to that depleted roster and then tack on 3 years of crippling probation and scholly reductions. We may go 3-9 this year and have to change coaches, but they are up shit creek for a really long time and it's nice to see the slide start right now. No one deserves it more than that fan base except for their cock sucking journalists that have been carrying their water for the past year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was all for a speedy resolution to this NCAA trouble, but now I wouldn't mind if it stretched into next season. This threat of trouble has finally at least really slowed down their boosters and their class could really be bad. If they have 1 more class like this before probation even starts, they'll be getting 20-30 pts in every sec game once probation hits
    This is my thought as well. This year is like the 1st UNOFFICIAL year of probation.

If they start probation with no players, it just makes things exponentially worse.

If the NCAA wants to wait til Spring of 2018 to hand down penalties, I'd be OK with that

vCash
    "9 over 3" should tell you how clued in their website writers are. The schools self imposed 11. They didn't even know what the school was going to impose on itself. That's bad. They're either getting lied to and slurping it up like morons or they're flat out lying to their subscribers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was all for a speedy resolution to this NCAA trouble, but now I wouldn't mind if it stretched into next season. This threat of trouble has finally at least really slowed down their boosters and their class could really be bad. If they have 1 more class like this before probation even starts, they'll be getting 20-30 pts in every sec game once probation hits
    That was JWS down fall. That investigation took three years or so and it made it impossible to get recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Yeah there is no reality setting in. Alford says Freeze recruited them out of their lowest state before, AND will do it again! Does this idiot not know the entire investigation is based on him cheating to get those recruits??! Does he not get that there is a very strong likelihood Freeze will not be the coach next year??!
    This is right. There is no reality setting in. The narrative continues to be that Ole Miss is being unfairly persecuted by the NCAA and this will end up being a bump in the road that they will be able to recover from.

I have said all along that I wanted this thing to drag on because as it does, they are already on probation from a recruiting standpoint because everyone else uses the investigation against them on the trail. Many here disagreed because in their eyes Freeze and Co will still buy the players and get them in there, but I think you're seeing first-hand that this won't be the case at all. Ole Miss is currently being out-recruited by Western Kentucky. As long as that cloud is over their head, they are going to struggle. There is no better recipe than to see their recruiting tank this February due to the investigation, and then get hammered in the spring after that. Whatever penalties they get, you can add a year to it because of what's happening right now.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    It should be a complete box set with behind the scenes and a copy of Steve's book.

vCash
    It will be a full season 24 episodes, give or take.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    It should be a complete box set with behind the scenes and a copy of Steve's book.
    And his commentary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Yeah there is no reality setting in. Alford says Freeze recruited them out of their lowest state before, AND will do it again! Does this idiot not know the entire investigation is based on him cheating to get those recruits??! Does he not get that there is a very strong likelihood Freeze will not be the coach next year??!
    You know oddly enough I kind of hope Freeze makes it through. Neither he nor anyone on his staff have shown any ability to actually develop talent. So if they aren't getting can't-miss NFL prospects the normal TSUN way, they aren't doing shit even after they come off of scholarship reductions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coackjek View Post
    And his commentary
    And a stack of $100 bills disguised as a King James Bible, compliments of Rev. Freeze.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    You know oddly enough I kind of hope Freeze makes it through. Neither he nor anyone on his staff have shown any ability to actually develop talent. So if they aren't getting can't-miss NFL prospects the normal TSUN way, they aren't doing shit even after they come off of scholarship reductions.
    Yea, I also think I would enjoy watching Freeze and co. suffer through several years of 1-3 win seasons. But, if they get hammered as hard as we are thinking he won't be around, he will either get a show cause or after a year or so of sucking will get fired. I find it funny that they call us little brother, but this all started and they went all in once we started beating their ass every year. They just could not stand it. Had to pull a hey look at me, look at me, we are relevant. Their arrogance and ego is what got them hammered and I for one can't wait to see the hammer fall.

vCash
    Im gonna say the penalties come down this spring. Its been 4 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by QuadrupleOption View Post
    Even their can't-miss NFL prospects are not really producing in the NFL as expected. I think it goes back to his inability to develop talent.

vCash
    Are you talking about the TV show or what their scholarships reductions will be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    They are recruiting in the 50s right now with a talent depleted roster in all spots except the dline, receiver, and qb. Imagine how bad it's going to get after they land a shitty class this year to add to that depleted roster and then tack on 3 years of crippling probation and scholly reductions. We may go 3-9 this year and have to change coaches, but they are up shit creek for a really long time and it's nice to see the slide start right now. No one deserves it more than that fan base except for their cock sucking journalists that have been carrying their water for the past year.
    Excpet for Dline...?
    Better check that roster again and look at what they have coming in.. And M Haynes will declare for the draft.
    Their Dline is going to be hurting next year as well

vCash
    And his commentary
    If I'm Steve I release my book on April 28

vCash
    And his commentary
    I wish part of the probation was that every Ole Miss fan had to change their ring tone to Steve Robertson saying "I....am YOUR good friend and HOST, Steve Robertson"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    Even their can't-miss NFL prospects are not really producing in the NFL as expected. I think it goes back to his inability to develop talent.
    Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze is a death sentence to a kids NFL prospects. I guarantee you NFL GMs have taken notice of their lack of development and how NONE of them were ready for the transition to the NFL.