Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious question on Leach

vCash

Serious question on Leach

Guys - the evidence is out there - we have not beat anyone good this year yet and this is the most talented roster we have had in some time. Im not going to debate that as it is being hashed all over this forum. This offensive scheme is not adaptable enough to win consistently in this league and if you want to argue that, we can do it elsewhere.

With that said. What kind of situation is Leach currently in as far as security here. I don't care what you think of him or if you would fire him or not. I want to know what others think the real situation is within the Athletics Department. What would it take for a change? Is leach ready to retire? Etc.

vCash
    Cohen isn?t firing Leach. I don?t want him to either cause Cohen has only made 1 maybe 2 good coaching hires total.

I also think they are tied together. If Leach fails Cohen fails and they are both out. So Cohen is going to fight with him till the end. I think Cohen will be pushing Leach to retire if those rumors are true, just so Cohen can save his own job.

vCash
    Let the season play out. We're 5-3 with four games left. Nothing is going to happen until the season is over. We very well could be 8-4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Guys - the evidence is out there - we have not beat anyone good this year yet and this is the most talented roster we have had in some time. Im not going to debate that as it is being hashed all over this forum. This offensive scheme is not adaptable enough to win consistently in this league and if you want to argue that, we can do it elsewhere.

With that said. What kind of situation is Leach currently in as far as security here. I don't care what you think of him or if you would fire him or not. I want to know what others think the real situation is within the Athletics Department. What would it take for a change? Is leach ready to retire? Etc.
    Barring any kind of scandal or mutiny among the team, Leach will be here next year as long as we finish 6-6. There?s still football to be played, so let?s see what happens and judge at the end of the season. My feeling is there?s a much higher chance of Leach deciding to just retire and leave rather than him getting let go at any time in the near future. If we finish 7-5 or 8-4, everyone will be fine unless we look like crap in the bowl game which could happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_Sheen420 View Post
    Barring any kind of scandal or mutiny among the team, Leach will be here next year as long as we finish 6-6. There?s still football to be played, so let?s see what happens and judge at the end of the season. My feeling is there?s a much higher chance of Leach deciding to just retire and leave rather than him getting let go at any time in the near future. If we finish 7-5 or 8-4, everyone will be fine unless we look like crap in the bowl game which could happen.
    This is my thought as well.

vCash
    I like leach but never wanted to hire him because I wasn?t sure his offense would work in the SEC. I actually was rethinking my stance on him this year after he showed a commitment to run the ball the arky and AM games. THEN HE TURNS RIGHT AROUND THE NEXT WEEK AND ABANDONS WHAT WORKED THE WEEKS BEFORE. I will never understand that game plan against A bad Kentucky team. That shows me he?s not serious about committing to the run to adapt his offense and he?s going to keep trying to shove this gimmick offense down our throats.

vCash
    6-6?

Only beating ETSU the rest of the year?

We are seeing A&M is absolute garbage

We might?ve would?ve lost to Arkansas if KJ played.

If Mike leach goes 6-6 .

From what I?ve heard within the situation is that the boosters are split on leach, 6-6 losing to auburn and ole miss might would push that other 50% to give in.

vCash
    I asked this before, no ,matter the rest of the season,........what if CML loses the EB?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lastmajordog View Post
    I asked this before, no ,matter the rest of the season,........what if CML loses the EB?
    I really don’t think that game is make or break for coaches anymore, it’s the body of work. Moorhead was 2-0 and nobody wanted to keep him; I’ll admit it could tip the scales but the rivalry is not as toxic as it was 7-8 years ago.

I even wish when we re-structure the schedules that they would not remain as a permanent but unlikely I’ll get that wish.

vCash
    Even if we go 6-6 he gets another year. But 4 straight losses to OM will doom him next year.

vCash
    Honestly, if had a mobile threat at QB that would make the entire offense better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Honestly, if had a mobile threat at QB that would make the entire offense better.
    Leach wouldn't allow him to run though. It's not going to change anything.

vCash
    I don't think this is the most talented roster. I think it's the most experienced. And there's a huge difference. Still, good enough to win 8 or 9 games. But Leach has to do more in the portal and rotate players better to get them better. We know this upperclassman bunch has maxed out. Get some new guys on the field at least some.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 10-23-2022 at 11:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ImissCityBagel View Post
    Do you really believe Mike is going to change the scheme he's run for 30 years? I don't. He's not going to scheme for QB runs. We have to hope the QB can extend plays. That's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Do you really believe Mike is going to change the scheme he's run for 30 years? I don't. He's not going to scheme for QB runs. We have to hope the QB can extend plays. That's about it.
    If we want anything different, then we need to hope for retirement. It was a strange and unexpected hire. It doesn't fit our recruiting base at all but I was hoping it would turn out differently. It didn't.

vCash
    Any fan expecting massive changes and designed QB runs is going to be very disappointed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post

What a bullshit post. That was by far the closest we've played Bama in years and scored our first touchdown there in almost a decade while having four games scoring over 40 points- two in SEC play which for context has only happened one other time at MSU but the offense is the problem and won't work? Laughable.

vCash
    I think we should ride the Leach train until we can get a Heupel desciple!

vCash
    First questionable statement is "a serious question on Leach?

But he is safe this year 6-6 or not. Next year if he loses the EB at home, he is done. Easy schedule next year too.

vCash
    I don't think this is the most talented roster. I think it's the most experienced. And there's a huge difference. Still, good enough to win 8 or 9 games. But Leach has to do more in the portal and rotate players better to get them better. We know this upperclassman bunch has maxed out. Get some new guys on the field at least some.
    Agree we are not super talented. Other than a couple guys we have no next level talent like we used to have. We've had better talent for 10 of last 12 years. Go back and watch even the 09, 10 teams. We were pretty loaded with NFL talent. Not so much now.