Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chance of winning Egg Bowl dropped to 69% per Bill Connelly's S&P....

Banned
    vCash

Chance of winning Egg Bowl dropped to 69% per Bill Connelly's S&P....

Their recent surge has helped them in the rankings apparently. I hope we aren't sleeping in this game, and I doubt we will be, at home. Good news is, we have the lesser team (Arkansas) on the road, and a 76% chance of taking that one.

We really need Texas A&M to step up and take the wind out of their sails, but if there's anything that's been proven over the past few years, it's that the week before the Egg Bowl really has no real bearing on the Egg Bowl itself. Momentum, or lack of it, never seems to carry over.

vCash
    If I were on the team and knowing what they did to LL and KJ, I'd be ready to whip their ass right after the Arkansas game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    If I were on the team and knowing what they did to LL and KJ, I'd be ready to whip their ass right after the Arkansas game.

what he said...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstatelp1 View Post
    Yeah there might be a little extra motivation this year and you know the crowds gonna be extra pumped.

vCash
    Vs conference, OM gives up 6.00 per carry. Take a look at common opponents. Stop worrying... we will show up and run through them like freeze through prostitutes

vCash
    There will be extra motivation on both sides. I just think we are the better team all the way around. The only advantage they have is at WR and I feel like we will be in their QBs face all night long and hope he will be picking dirt out of his face mask for most of the night. If we can't get consistent pressure they are going to score some points but I don't think they will be able to do anything about our run game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasu Dackds View Post
    Their recent surge has helped them in the rankings apparently. I hope we aren't sleeping in this game, and I doubt we will be, at home. Good news is, we have the lesser team (Arkansas) on the road, and a 76% chance of taking that one.

We really need Texas A&M to step up and take the wind out of their sails, but if there's anything that's been proven over the past few years, it's that the week before the Egg Bowl really has no real bearing on the Egg Bowl itself. Momentum, or lack of it, never seems to carry over.
    While we should win, it will be a scrap. Matt Luke hates State as much as he loves OM.

With this NCAA stuff, and Luke foaming at the mouth, they will come in with their hair on fire and take every gamble and trick play they know. They will put 8 at the line and sell out on D, hoping to make us throw and when they do gambling on getting to Fitz.

What do they have to lose? We will have to match their intensity early, not let a couple of quick scores early by them snowball and we should be ok.

Don't throw it around and don't run wide. Hit em right in the mouth and take their punchers chance out of it.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    We're going to crush them. It won't be close. Stop being p******!

Senior Member THE Bruce Dickinson's Avatar
    vCash
    I believe they are better with the backup QB playing. So this drop in percentage doesn't really surprise me.

However, Their QB doesn't play defense, and we pound the rock.

Our defense takes it's tone from Simmons. When Simmons is pumped we play great D. Considering all the stuff going on off the field between State and OM I can see this game getting pretty personal. They will score some TDs on big plays, but we are going to hurt them. I expect a similar game to last year, except we beat them up physically with our D, and still run for a ton of yards.

45-14 State

vCash
    Ball control and run the ball. Keep the clock running and keep their offense off the field. Wear them down in the second half.

vCash
    Let's see how 5-0 fares against A&M. That is one of the better defenses and offenses they will face in the last three or four games. Sumlin is coaching for his job now.

It's amazing that how dropping 50 on a poor Hud team changes perspective.

vCash
    Remember this Hawaii 5-0 has never ever played a game in this hostile an environment. I expect him to be unnerved to some degree and that should lead to bad decisions and turnovers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Let's see how 5-0 fares against A&M. That is one of the better defenses and offenses they will face in the last three or four games. Sumlin is coaching for his job now.

It's amazing that how dropping 50 on a poor Hud team changes perspective.
    Also AM has gone to Starkel at QB now and gone back to Sumlins traditional offense. That game this saturday could be a 70-69 game. AM has a strong pass rush and should be able to hit 5-0 a lot.

vCash
    We'll run through their ass like shit through a tin horn and they won't be able to stop it.

yes, that's a Saban quote.

vCash
    Chance of winning Egg Bowl dropped to 69% per Bill Connelly's S&P....
    Nice.

vCash
    FPI says 83.9 vs ark and 86.6 vs OM

FPI says aTm at 55.4 vs OM

Banned
    vCash

Don't even throw one pass. Run. It. Every. Single. Offensive. Play. They will be completely worn out and defeated by mid 3rd quarter.

Banned
    vCash
    They will come out jacked because this is the most important game of the year to those hillbillies. They've nothing to lose, and their play will show it. However, all State has to do is play our game and keep coming at them. We have a stable of running backs plus Fitz, and they have no LBs to speak of. Even they sell out to stop the run, they can't. Weather the first quarter, and State's physicality will eventually break their spirits.

State: 41
    OM: 17

vCash
    unm no likey physical teams lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Vs conference, OM gives up 6.00 per carry. Take a look at common opponents. Stop worrying... we will show up and run through them like freeze through prostitutes
    Hell A Train could probably run through them and for just the fun of it turn around and run back through them stepping on a few of them when he does and then turn back around and go for a TD.