Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball team.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash

Baseball team.

Through 15 games we are 9-6... the exact same record we had through 15 games last year.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Difference is we were struggling on the mound last year, this year it’s the bats

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I don’t think people quite understand what we hired as our head baseball coach...too soon?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I don’t think people quite understand what we hired as our head baseball coach...too soon?
    Lol... stick with it

vCash
    I hate the fact that both Pilkington and Small have had great pitching performances that resulted in no decisions because we can’t hit or get clutch RBI, or have egregious base-running blunders.

vCash
    Now that's hilarious

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Through 15 games we are 9-6... the exact same record we had through 15 games last year.
    But we suck? I thought the season was already over after what was said on by some on this board yesterday

vCash
    I'm not one who says this season is terrible or thre's no hope, but there is a little bit of difference between who those 6 loses have come against. Last year: Texas Tech, Moorhead State, Marist, and @ Oregon x3. This season it's @ USM x3, Texas A&M at Corpus Christi, and Utah valley. Last year had 4 excusable loses and 2 bad ones. Alos last year we lost largely due to trying different Ps to figure out the staff, which resulted in giving up runs we wouldn't have later in the year once we figured out what we had. This years loses come because of terrible hitting, which isn't something that automatically gets better as the year goes on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_MSU_is_us View Post
    I'm not one who says this season is terrible or thre's no hope, but there is a little bit of difference between who those 6 loses have come against. Last year: Texas Tech, Moorhead State, Marist, and @ Oregon x3. This season it's @ USM x3, Texas A&M at Corpus Christi, and Utah valley. Last year had 4 excusable loses and 2 bad ones. Alos last year we lost largely due to trying different Ps to figure out the staff, which resulted in giving up runs we wouldn't have later in the year once we figured out what we had. This years loses come because of terrible hitting, which isn't something that automatically gets better as the year goes on.
    Usm is ranked this season, and was a SR team last season. They are close to Texas tech who was a regional team last season. Oregon was not a regional team last year, so not sure why that sweep was impressive losses. Ironically, the team we beat last Sunday eliminated TT from the regional last season to advance to a SR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Usm is ranked this season, and was a SR team last season. They are close to Texas tech who was a regional team last season. Oregon was not a regional team last year, so not sure why that sweep was impressive losses. Ironically, the team we beat last Sunday eliminated TT from the regional last season to advance to a SR
    Lafayette beat LSU and Houston is ranked (was) and SHSU was a tourney team last year if Im not mistaken

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Lafayette beat LSU and Houston is ranked (was) and SHSU was a tourney team last year if Im not mistaken
    Shsu was a super regional team last year.

vCash
    The real griping will start as OM does well this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    They are very good. They will be even better next yr.

Banned
    vCash
    Have we made a hire? Thought it wouldn't be until after the season....this summer sometime.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IMissJack View Post
    They do look good and beat Long Beach State (traditionally a strong west coast team) at their place 2 out of 3 games. That #1 ranked recruiting class are now sophomores, so I expect they may indeed have a big year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    They do look good and beat Long Beach State (traditionally a strong west coast team) at their place 2 out of 3 games. That #1 ranked recruiting class are now sophomores, so I expect they may indeed have a big year.
    Always begs the question. How does OM get a #1 recruiting class in baseball?
    LFC YNWA

Banned
    vCash
    We are 9-3 as far as I am concerned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We are 9-3 as far as I am concerned.
    Yep forget that 1st weekend, we had no coach!

vCash
    This team is nowhere close to last year. We?ve lost to some really shitty teams. We have one decent win. USM dismantled us. If we win 30+ games, it?ll be a miracle.
    At least we have some freshmen to build around.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 03-11-2018 at 09:07 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    This team is nowhere close to last year. We?ve lost to some really shitty teams. We have one decent win. USM dismantled us. If we win 30+ games, it?ll be a miracle.
    I thought all 3 wins in the Houston tournament were decent wins.