Thread: Stat's on MSU's Program in the West

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Some people on here had serious maroon glasses on in august, thinking this was a 10-2 or 11-1 team. That's the biggest problem here. The rational among us saw this team, with a lackluster ol and no rb (I was told rb would never be an issue bc it never has been under mullen), as an 8-4 team. That's what we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Some people on here had serious maroon glasses on in august, thinking this was a 10-2 or 11-1 team. That's the biggest problem here. The rational among us saw this team, with a lackluster ol and no rb (I was told rb would never be an issue bc it never has been under mullen), as an 8-4 team. That's what we are.
    I projected 9 regular season wins and we still have a shot at that. My thinking was as follows: best case we could sniff 10 wins (one road loss and a home loss, likely Bama) and worst case 8 wins (loss to A&M, LSU, Bama and another road loss at Arky or Mizzou). I still think we're on track for this kind of season and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it given the OL changes, loss of JRob, etc. The defense and depth there has been a pleasant surprise, but we still have some of the same holes/weaknesses we have last year (thin/young at S, personnel problems we won't shore up at LB).

Anybody who thinks that an 8 - 10 win team in the SEC is bad is fooling themselves, to finish at .500 in league play is solid and nothing to be ashamed of. I think we'll do a bit better though, nothing wrong with a little optimism.