Quote Originally Posted by PMDawg View Post
Hopefully I'm just reading this wrong, but it sounds like you're pulling for life altering (or even ending) weather just so you can play around and get a rise out of it. Personally, I hope this all fizzles out and no one gets hurt.
I know it sounds like that, but I really don't mean it that way. First, I will admit I love seeing tornadoes and severe weather. It is a huge adrenaline rush. I can't deny that. That said, I wish every one that I ever saw was out over open fields and never destroyed anybody's property or killed or injured anyone. However, I know that is rarely the case so I look at it like this. Severe storms are going to happen. Tornadoes are going to happen. They are going to destroy peoples' homes and take lives. Me enjoying seeing these forces of nature does not make that any more likely to happen. In fact, me, and other chasers, being out there and enjoying what we do can help save those lives because once we can confirm to the NWS that a tornado is on the ground they can upgrade the warning and studies have shown that a warning that has a confirmed tornado is more likely to cause people to take shelter. We are also often times the first people on a damage scene and are the first ones helping in search and rescue. So no, I hate it when people lose their lives or their homes to storms. I wish it never happened. But it does and if I can possible help save someone's life by doing something I enjoy doing then it is as much of a win win as you can get under the circumstances.