Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Baseball: vs. LA Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Ole Miss has only been to Omaha ONCE compared to our TWICE since Bianco has been there. How is choking in the postseason every year giving them a better chance to win it all? Technically we've had a better chance at winning it all then them doing it the way we have.
    I enjoy more than the postseason in baseball. Last year was a hell of a lot of fun for me even though it ended short of the CWS. I don't like being sick of baseball before April

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I enjoy more than the postseason in baseball. Last year was a hell of a lot of fun for me even though it ended short of the CWS. I don't like being sick of baseball before April
    Then get behind these inexperienced guys and give them a chance. And our HC that was thrown into a shit sandwich buffet. or just quit watching.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed cannizaro can convince Alan Dunn to join.
    Yeah me too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Then get behind these inexperienced guys and give them a chance. And our HC that was thrown into a shit sandwich buffet. or just quit watching.
    Dude, miss state hasn't played a baseball, football, or basketball game that I'm not hanging on every moment for as long as I can remember. Hell, open any game thread on this site and I'm there... usually melting haha

I will always support state no matter how much they tick me off sometimes

vCash
    Well, that's all well and good but last time I checked the ultimate goal is to win championships. And if you told me that we would win a National Title but then have a losing season the next year- you better believe I would make that deal in a heartbeat over just going to the postseason two year in a row.

And as a Braves fan I know you don't win a lot of championships a lot- but I can tell you that they are a lot more fun than winning the league and choking.

vCash
    Dude, miss state hasn't played a baseball, football, or basketball game that I'm not hanging on every moment for as long as I can remember. Hell, open any game thread on this site and I'm there... usually melting haha

Unacceptable*

vCash
    Well, that's all well and good but last time I checked the ultimate goal is to win championships. And if you told me that we would win a National Title but then have a losing season the next year- you better believe I would make that deal in a heartbeat over just going to the postseason two year in a row.

And as a Braves fan I know you don't win a lot of championships a lot- but I can tell you that they are a lot more fun than winning the league and choking.
    Why you wanna pull my braves in this? Lol

Denver Airport Director
    vCash

I'll give you that you are always there...melting but you are there. Kudos.

vCash

Everybody would take that. Who's arguing that they would rather have two postseason flameouts over a Title and then missing the postseason?

vCash
    TCU's pitching coach would be a good option.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Everybody would take that. Who's arguing that they would rather have two postseason flameouts over a Title and then missing the postseason?
    It's just an example to illustrate how silly it sounds to say that we would rather be consistent like Ole Miss- while at the same time despite a few losing seasons we've achieved more on the field in terms of major accomplishments in the same time span.

vCash
    It's gonna be a yr of ups and downs. That should have been noticed from the start. People forget that 11 players were lost to the draft. It's really hard to just pick up from where you left off when something like that happens. It's a young team that's making mental mistakes. It's called growing pains. This yr will be a grind but the future does look bright the way I see it. Perfect yr for coach cazinaro to take over. He knows what the team can and can't do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I'll give you that you are always there...melting but you are there. Kudos.
    Been a state fan for over 30yrs. It's always been the exact same. Nothing comes easy at Mississippi state

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgsfanalongtime77 View Post
    It's gonna be a yr of ups and downs. That should have been noticed from the start. People forget that 11 players were lost to the draft. It's really hard to just pick up from where you left off when something like that happens. It's a young team that's making mental mistakes. It's called growing pains. This yr will be a grind but the future does look bright the way I see it. Perfect yr for coach cazinaro to take over. He knows what the team can and can't do.
    Actually, I don't think he has a clue what our guys can and can't do. Especially the pitchers.

vCash
    I'm just about to the point where I've accepted the fact that MSU can't have a consistent baseball program anymore. Took Cohen a number of years to break out of losing seasons when he first got to MSU, then we go the NC series in 2013 on a hot run at the end but go back to a losing season in 2015 to an SEC championship in 2016 to what I believe is going to be another losing season in 2017 (or at least a miss at getting into post-season). Its always something with us, injuries, lost too many to the pros, blah, blah. Seriously, do we really look to be much better in 2018? Someone convince me. Rooker, Brown, Lovelady are gone, Gridley likely gone, and heck even Mangum is draft eligible.

vCash
    Actually, I don't think he has a clue what our guys can and can't do. Especially the pitchers.
    Doesn't have a clue? Really? Come on man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I'm just about to the point where I've accepted the fact that MSU can't have a consistent baseball program anymore. Took Cohen a number of years to break out of losing seasons when he first got to MSU, then we go the NC series in 2013 on a hot run at the end but go back to a losing season in 2015 to an SEC championship in 2016 to what I believe is going to be another losing season in 2017 (or at least a miss at getting into post-season). Its always something with us, injuries, lost too many to the pros, blah, blah. Seriously, do we really look to be much better in 2018? Someone convince me. Rooker, Brown, Lovelady are gone, Gridley likely gone, and heck even Mangum is draft eligible.
    I think we do. Gridley may be back, as I doubt he's going to have to pass up much of a signing bonus to do so.

Mangum will likely be back, as he will still have leverage after his junior year. I don't think he'll be a top 5 round pick, so it would be a good idea for him to come back.

Our pitching should be much, much better in 2018. We don't have any healthy senior pitchers or draft-risk juniors. So everybody will be back. Pilkington should be a legit Friday night guy next year, Self should be a good weekend starter, then we've got a bunch of options for that 3rd spot...could be Ashcraft, if he continues to progress; Ford, Padgett and Small may be healthy enough to be back to just about where they were; and we'll have a host of experienced bullpen arms. Our pitching could be really freaking good.

The lineup will be interesting. We do lose Rooker, but Poole and Blaylock both look like guys who could be pretty big bats by this time next year with the additional experience. The coaches love Skelton. Bragg will probably be back and may have figured out his K issues some. Stovall and Alexander could both be studs by next year. Vansau and MacNamee will be better. Reed Smith is a serious talent. We'll only lose Rooker, Brown, maybe Gridley, and possibly Mangum.

We also have some pretty highly-rated signees in that 2018 class, and most are hitters, so we'll see how many we can get into school.

Assuming Mangum is back, I think our lineup could be considerably better. So yes, I think 2018 looks to be much better.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Our pitching should be much, much better in 2018. We don't have any healthy senior pitchers or draft-risk juniors. So everybody will be back. Pilkington should be a legit Friday night guy next year, Self should be a good weekend starter, then we've got a bunch of options for that 3rd spot...could be Ashcraft, if he continues to progress; Ford, Padgett and Small may be healthy enough to be back to just about where they were; and we'll have a host of experienced bullpen arms. Our pitching could be really freaking good.
    I would expect at least one/two of our current pitchers will be having Tommy John surgery based on track record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Human Meat View Post
    I would expect at least one/two of our current pitchers will be having Tommy John surgery based on track record.
    Based on who or what's track record??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Human Meat View Post
    Maybe, but I'm not going to project it.