Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Mizzu Game 1

vCash
    Dapperdog I always post my name-phone #-my email address and where I sit at DNF, in case anyone wants to stop by and visit. I travel 5 hours every weekend to watch my beloved dogs play baseball. I am not advocating any changes inside our staff but just saying I think we can do better if Cohen would settle on a starting lineup much earlier each year. I don't always agree with things he does but I support him anyway. I go to CWS every year as well. This coming year will be my 18 straight year to go, whether my dogs go or not. I am hoping we right the ship and make it back this year. A consistent winner in my book is a coach who is every year in the top 5 in SEC standings. OOC games to me should be all cup cakes like LSU and other SEC schools schedule so they can get a big win over with few loses and get in top 16 each year so they will have opportunity to get in a Region.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This. And Humphreys.

That's part of our problem- our best hitting prospects are either freshmen or still in high school.
    I was going to say Hump but Im not sure he will ever defend enough to make the bigs. Of course, if he strokes like he does in practice, he will find a squad. We got some hitters coming. Im actually more worried about our pitching.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    he wont be a pro. he has a 92 flat fastball. a plus curve ball. that is it. If he had a 3rd pitch, maybe. He doesn't have great stuff. Never really has. Him and Rea have no shot at the bigs. Lindgren is our only sure fire big leaguer on the team. Collins will be there eventually. We simply aren't that good. We don't have any "ballplayers" besides Ross.
    After seeing Papelbon develop a 99 mph fastball and save 300 games in MLB I'll never put it past anyone once they get in the minors and learn better mechanics/technique. Holder at 92 straight will get rocked but Holder at 96 with movement can make a nice living.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berr6728 View Post
    Dapperdog I always post my name-phone #-my email address and where I sit at DNF, in case anyone wants to stop by and visit. I travel 5 hours every weekend to watch my beloved dogs play baseball. I am not advocating any changes inside our staff but just saying I think we can do better if Cohen would settle on a starting lineup much earlier each year. I don't always agree with things he does but I support him anyway. I go to CWS every year as well. This coming year will be my 18 straight year to go, whether my dogs go or not. I am hoping we right the ship and make it back this year. A consistent winner in my book is a coach who is every year in the top 5 in SEC standings. OOC games to me should be all cup cakes like LSU and other SEC schools schedule so they can get a big win over with few loses and get in top 16 each year so they will have opportunity to get in a Region.
    um, cupcakes don't get you in the top 16. IT is better to go 10-10 vs top 100 than 20-0 vs MVSU.

I appreciate you posting and being a baseball fan but....Im not sure, well, nevermind.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    "Bad" teams don't go .500 in elite conferences. Granted, anywhere from 8-22 to 22-8 is still technically possible, but judging by the teams on our schedule so far, and the teams remaining, there's no reason to think we won't finish 15-15 or so.
    what a piss poor expectation level for a MSU baseball program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I look at our team and I dont see an overly talented bunch to be honest...I think our talent is overrated more than we are underachieving
    We have some guys that need to be grinders, blue collar whatever you want to call them. Not very many, if any of them are going to be in MLB. BUT they can still be good college players if they bust their ass.

Banned
    vCash
    Not sure why you're replying to me.......

vCash
    paps was usually 94 in college. holder sticks around 91.

paps changed his delivery and developed the nasty that schilling showed him in the minors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    where have you been since 1990?

vCash
    I expect us to go .500 in the SEC in bad years. This is a bad year for MSU and we'll still be .500 in conference.

There are only a couple SEC teams that can expect that and we're one. Nobody goes 20-10 every year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    paps was usually 94 in college. holder sticks around 91.

paps changed his delivery and developed the nasty that schilling showed him in the minors.

vCash
    I think QKing has the same expectation I do for State baseball:

Host a regional
    Make a Super and see what happens

We obviously may fall short of that first one- but the 2nd one is still in play
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    I still expect to win 17-18 conference games. 15-15 would be a disappointing finish, as weak as our second half schedule is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    well done

vCash
    We not be a great team but we just gutted out a win on the road in extra innings so props to our guys tonight.

vCash
    You don't want to overschedule, but I think most of our fans for baseball like to see at least one weekend of competitive teams. Like what we did in Arizona this year. I think playing in pre-SEC tournaments like the one in Houston, Los Angeles, and New Orleans are going to be good for our program and fun for our alumni. The thing that some of our irrational at times fans have to understand about playing in those tournaments is that we are not going to go 24-0 OOC doing that. It's the trade off- but when you play Baylor, UCLA, and USC we're going to lose a few.

I disagree about the lineup. We have to see what our players can do. If we stayed with the same lineup, we would have never found out what Detz could do last year, and we would have never found out about Heck this year. We have to get our players ready to play- this year and in the future. Letting guys play every day isn't as beneficial. Sure, we may have lost to Memphis, but when it all comes out in the wash we win more games overall because we are able to figure out who the BEST players are.

Hitters are going to go into slumps, guys are going to get hot, and you have to take advantage of that. MLB teams don't have the same lineups every day- why should we expect to have the exact same lineup every day? If it was good to have the same lineup every day, they would do it- BUT they don't.

vCash

Awww, the next line should be included
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Meh. Welcome to the SEC. You can go 15-15 in the SEC and still have a very legit chance to win the National Championship. Winning a NC is really all I care about. We're actually built pretty well for the postseason. Deep pitching staff, play good defense. That will keep in games and at the very least give you a chance.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBear View Post
    Awww, the next line should be included
    Not the best quality but I agree so here goes

vCash
    Not the best quality but I agree so here goes

Mah! Mah! Mah! That's the one!
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!