Thread: Very insightful Malik Newman article from KUsports.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    MSU Men's basketball, playing for 69th place in the nation, will have three NBA draft picks next year. Howland must be doing a shit job.

Quote Originally Posted by CovertDawg View Post
    Lamar and Nick could both play their way into the first round next year, and Q into the second. I would be shocked if Malik ever gets drafted based on his measurables I saw from the NBA combine his freshman year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    MSU Men's basketball, playing for 69th place in the nation, will have three NBA draft picks next year. Howland must be doing a shit job.
    Actually, the new NBADraft.net mock draft for 2019 (next year) has exactly that scenario playing out. They have Nick and Lamar both going in the first round and Q in the second. This board might pick apart Q's game but you don't offensive rebound at the rate he does in the SEC without either really good length or athleticism. They do have Malik going 54th in the 2nd as well but he is going to have to prove he is a lights out shooter to have a chance since he is one dimensional. And I think Howland is doing an excellent job. The NBA draft is more about projection and Howland is getting all of these guys ready to have a monster season next year in the NCAA tournament that gets capped off on draft night.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

vCash
    That's damned impressive if it plays out. Even scarier is that Duke has committed three high school seniors in the top 5 of the 2019 draft.

Actually, the new NBADraft.net mock draft for 2019 (next year) has exactly that scenario playing out. They have Nick and Lamar both going in the first round and Q in the second. This board might pick apart Q's game but you don't offensive rebound at the rate he does in the SEC without either really good length or athleticism. They do have Malik going 54th in the 2nd as well but he is going to have to prove he is a lights out shooter to have a chance since he is one dimensional. And I think Howland is doing an excellent job. The NBA draft is more about projection and Howland is getting all of these guys ready to have a monster season next year in the NCAA tournament that gets capped off on draft night.

vCash

Great post. I'm not convinced that Malik is one dimensional, but I haven't seem him play very much. I totally agree with the rest of your points. Especially that Howland is doing a great job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Harbor View Post
    We have played 3 teams that were better than several of the NCAA tourney teams. Just because of some type of arbitrary choice by some panel doesn't mean that our team wasn't as good or better than several of the teams in the tourney.