Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League Preview Thread

vCash
    Newcastle was 10 minutes from getting a huge result against Chelsea this week. But a 2-2 draw is still better than what I was expected. For the first time this year it looked like Newcastle wanted to be on the field. Mitrovic might be the emotional spark plug the team needs

vCash
    Arsenal got a result this weekend and Alexis Sanchez got off the mark with a hat trick. Going to be tough to stay close to the top 3 until the next transfer window, when hopefully they can add a legit striker. Sanchez getting going would be a huge boost. And of course WMD's fantasy team had him on the bench when he goes off.

Also worth noting that Mourinho slammed Wenger in the press, saying he underachieves but still keeps his job. Kinda hard to disagree. I think WWIA(M) made a good comparison between Wenger and Mack Brown. Might be time to change the voice coming from the clubhouse.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Another pathetic day for the BPL in Europe today

vCash
    Liverpool finally got a win. The strange thing is we are still only 5 points back despite how horrible the start has been. Norwich got another priceless point although given how late the equalizer was from the Hammers I'm a bit disappointed in the result.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Even though Leicester City lost 5-2, Jamie Vardy became the leading goal scorer in the BPL as he scored both goals for the Foxes.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Southampton beating Chelsea helped that Dawg loss

vCash
    Leicester City made a heart attack out of their 2-1 win over Norwich. With 2-0 lead from Vardy and Schlupp, the Foxes seemed to pull the "play not to lose" card and almost gave it away. Norwich is a tough team....reminds me of Leicester from last year in many ways.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Brenden Rogers was sacked after the Everton game. I can't say I didn't see that coming. The team has just looked tactically lost ever since Suarez left. He had a year and 2 months to find something and it just seemed to get worse.

Norwich made Leicester sweat but not enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Brenden Rogers was sacked after the Everton game. I can't say I didn't see that coming. The team has just looked tactically lost ever since Suarez left. He had a year and 2 months to find something and it just seemed to get worse.

Agreed....I was very frustrated that game
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash

Klopp? Portos coach? KENNY DALGLISH!!!!**
    Who ya hoping for

vCash
    It looks like it's going to be Klopp. That's what all the blogs are saying. I don't know who I'm hoping for really. I just want to see a team that looks like it has a firm idea about what it's trying to do. That includes transfers. The tactics on the pitch look aimless and without conviction from the players. somenof the transfers have been head scratchers. It's not like you could look at any of them really and say that's a bad player before they arrived. It's just that many of them didn't seem to fit a need or to be better than what was already there. I think that was partially a result of the transfer committee stuff but Rogers can't escape all the blame there either. I'll say this for Rogers, the statement he issued today was pure class. Here is a link.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/10...football-club/

vCash
    Speaking of managers, the Special One got the dreaded vote of confidence/statement of support today. Given Abromobich's track record they may be in the market in the next couple of weeks. Liverpool better hurry up and get their business done.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34446165

vCash
    Speaking of managers, the Special One got the dreaded vote of confidence/statement of support today. Given Abromobich's track record they may be in the market in the next couple of weeks. Liverpool better hurry up and get their business done.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/34446165
    I hate Mourinho, but I can't decide if I want him canned or not. It's kinda fun having a team to hate.

vCash
    Finally got around to watching Arsenal's game with Man U. Well, the first half, because it was over at the break. Alexis Sanchez got a brace and Mesut Ozil scored to put the Gunners ahead 3-0. The match ended in a 3-0 Gunner victory and moved Arsenal into second ahead of Man U on goal differential. Arsenal and Man U are both just 2 points back of league leading Man City. Hoping like hell they can keep it close then add a true striker in January. That would make for a helluva fun second half.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Finally got around to watching Arsenal's game with Man U. Well, the first half, because it was over at the break. Alexis Sanchez got a brace and Mesut Ozil scored to put the Gunners ahead 3-0. The match ended in a 3-0 Gunner victory and moved Arsenal into second ahead of Man U on goal differential. Arsenal and Man U are both just 2 points back of league leading Man City. Hoping like hell they can keep it close then add a true striker in January. That would make for a helluva fun second half.
    Careful now...the Foxes are lurking not too far behind. We're sitting at 5th only -2 GD behind Crystal Palace for that 4th spot. And lookie there, Crystal Palace visits King Power Stadium this Saturday.
    c/o 2015
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Really wish Real didn't sell Mesut. He was my favorite player there. He's so beautiful on the ball. He got so much flack when he first got to the BPL for appearing to not care, but that's just how he is. Then all of a sudden he led the league in creating chances and is dominating again this year creating.

vCash
    Klopp is on Merseyside today. Hopefully it's a done deal by tomorrow at the latest.

vCash
    Done deal. Press conference at 10am UK time tomorrow. I'm happy with it!

vCash
    Looks like he is going to lose Coutinho in January.

His first order of business is get rid of that horrid 5 at the back formation.

vCash
    The Coutinho rumor has been debunked by a guy at The Echo that almost always knows what he is talking about.