Quote Originally Posted by Prediction? Pain. View Post
Dude, this thread could be massive. And divisive. Other than maybe (maybe) the Beatles, every "classic rock" band's got at least a couple of songs that have been overplayed for decades. Here we go:

"Bad Company" by Bad Company

"Turn the Page," "Like a Rock," and "Night Moves" by Bob Seger

"Simple Man," "That Smell," "Sweet Home Alabama," "What's Your Name" by Lynyrd Skynyrd

"All Along the Watchtower" by Hendrix

"Heartbreaker," "Living Loving Maid," "Immigrant Song," "Kashmir," "Whole Lotta Love" by Zeppelin (man, I hate "Living Loving Maid")

"Young Lust" by Pink Floyd (that song should never, ever, ever be played on the radio unless it's part of an uninterrupted broadcast of The Wall in its entirety; stripped from context -- and, hell, even in context to a degree -- it's just awful)

"Start Me Up" and "Angie" by the Stones

"Rockin into the Night" by .38 Special

"Back in the Saddle" by Aerosmith (I honestly don't care for most of their songs, but this was the first one to jump into my head that needs to go)

"Rock'n Me" and "Take the Money and Run" by Steve Miller

"Up on Cripple Creek" by the Band

"Cocaine" and "Wonderful Tonight" by Clapton

And, as Beardo already mentioned, most songs by the Eagles.

That's all I got off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's plenty more.
I guess I should have titled it songs that suck and shouldn't be played classic rock stations.

how anybody doesn't like Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower is amazing. fantastic song.

love me some Bad Company. should play Silver Blue and Gold more though.

like Simple Man, but it needs to be 50 / 50 with Tuesday's Gone which is one of their best songs, Love me some Skynyrd

Be careful bashing Zep, 34 might ban you

plenty of other Clapton songs to play other than cocaine and wonderful night--agreed

don't really HATE Steve Miller, but maybe they do overplay

old Aerosmith is good. never understood the reason the Rocks album blew up like it did. their new shit is awful. their 1st album (Dream On) , Toys in the Attic, and Get Your Wings are 3 very solid albums . Get Your Wings has their best song in my opinion "Seasons of the Wither" which I've never heard once on the radio.

Love me some The Band--disagree with you there

.38 Special has some good songs but Rockin' into the Night isn't one of them--agreed

The Stones are my favorite band. "Start me Up" is a good song but they've got much better. not enough Exile and Beggars on the radio from the Stones.

The Wall is one of the best albums (still prefer Darkside) never cared for Young Lust or Brick in the Wall. too many other great songs on that album to be playing those. Comfortably Numb is more my style.