Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
Don't discount the impact that improved defense has had. We've essentially gone from worst to first in defense. It is partially a by-product of the improved pitching - but players still have to execute.

College Baseball is rife with bad baserunning. If you watch more than MSU, you see it everywhere. And the mistakes are just as boneheaded. And it's not just CBB - look at this from last year:
https://theathletic.com/4220827/2023...b-baserunning/ - MLB is even discussing how bad they are now.

I was a very good baserunner in HS - and it frustrates the hell out of me seeing the mistakes we make. But, as the article above discusses, it's a game-wide issue because the fundamentals aren't taught like my generation learned them in the 80s.
Bruns you always know exactly what you're talking about and it's dead on accurate! The fundamentals are being lost because kids are chasing launch angle, exit velo, spin rate,etc, etc... Watch every level heck even mlb. Bad baserunning, players can't execute bunts, missed cutoff men, hit and run, changing speeds. All these things take time and kids are not being taught these things at a younger level so they're not fundamentally sound like generations before. Like you said watch some other teams or mlb and you'll see it ain't just us!