Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
I basically knew what happened before I watched it. With that said, I didn't hate it as much as when I read the spoiler. My biggest issue was how they changed the characters. Dany not even blinking an eye at burning women and children. They made her go from slightly mad to full blown crazy in one instant. There just wasn't enough time to change her character that much. It felt like it didn't fit and GRRM probably has a way to ramp up to it in the books without it feeling like they just changed the character.

Bran is the same issue for me. He was basically a super autistic kid because he was overwhelmed with knowledge. He would randomly talk to people. He seemed better this episode so at least they didn't make robot Bran the king but it still feels like we missed something.

At the end of the day if you told me it ended like this 2 or 3 seasons ago I would be interested to see how they got there. The problem is that they didn't really show you.

Bran is king because he is kind and has all this knowledge to pull from and he can't have children so it breaks the cycle. I am fine with that.

Arya goes off exploring. It makes sense for her character because she never wanted to be just a lady in a castle. I didn't know if the faceless men would come back into play but I guess it was purely for their training.

Sansa becomes Queen of the North and they are once again free from southern rule. Sansa has been working towards this the entire series and the North is once again free.

Jon has to kill Dany so he is heartbroken anyway. He wanted to go back north if he could and now he actually gets to live in peace with the free folk and GHOST. I personally thought he would be on the Iron Throne but not be happy about it. This is actually a happier ending than I thought he would get. I am ok with this.

Bron is master of coin and Lord of High Garden. Loved how the small council ended up being formed.

Brienne is captain of the Kingsguard with Pod as a knight. I liked how she finished Jamie's story. My wife thought she would be pregnant and write something about his kid but instead we got "he died protecting his queen". I am ok with that.

So looking at it that way, I am not as pissed about it. It seems they wrapped up most loose ends but they had to stretch to get there which went against all the character building the show did.
I think the books are going to have a very different ending for the various characters. GRRM has put way too many clues in for other endings to abandon them the way D&D did.