Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
LSU has won 7 or 8 national titles in baseball in the past 25 years, plus 2 NC's in football and numerous others in smaller sports. You're comparing their fans attendence in their 8th or 9th trip to the CWS finals to our fans attendence in our very first appearance in any national title game, ever. There are literally thousands if not tens of thousands of LSU fans that probably said "meh, been there done that" after the 3rd or 4th title win under Bertman in the 90's. I'd never in a million years expect their fans to outnumber ours under those circumstances. The points above are valid about percentage of enrollment / population that make up our attendence, but this is a bogus comparison. It's similar to Clemson vs. Alabama in the NC game the past 2 years where Clemson fans outnumbered Alabama fans 60/40 or so each time. Do you really think Clemson football has more fans or more passionate fans than Alabama?
Yeah I think you could argue Clemson fans are more passionate. Bama fans I know are pretty complacent these days. They barely celebrate wins, just get angry when they do lose. Hell, most of them weren't happy to lose the natty to Clemson, but just just tipped their cap to Watson and went about their day. They are spoiled to the point that the passion is dramatically decreased.