Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: BEAT THE GAMECOCKS - GAME THREAD

vCash
    Q whether he likes it or not is the leader of this team and has to control his body language body.

vCash
    This team just really bothers me. They have no maturity to understand you have to play 20 minutes in a 20 minute half not 4 minutes. Worst half we have had this year when we had to have one of our better halves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Howland aint playing a damn zone
    He should. It's what they just did and it worked.

Sometimes a possession or 2 can force a team like SC to turn it over.

We will not win this game if they get that many shots in the paint in the second half.

Second, we better break that SOS a little better.

vCash
    Good news = only 7 point deficit
    Bad news = they sat Silva pretty much the whole half

vCash
    Is this game as ugly on tv or in person as it is on the radio? It’s killing me. Thankfully, we usually a second half team...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Well that was one sorry half of basketball. Fortunate to be within 7 points. Go figure I actually decided to sit down and watch a full men's game and we look like we haven't woken up yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    He should. It's what they just did and it worked.

Sometimes a possession or 2 can force a team like SC to turn it over.

We will not win this game if they get that many shots in the paint in the second half.

Second, we better break that SOS a little better.
    I agree. I like to mix in some zone.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    we'll just disagree. Only difference now is that we have finally made a few
    Better shots taken. Movement does that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Very fortunate not to be down more than we are. We can win this. We need more movement and crisper movement off the ball.
    not if we don't keep them out of the paint.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Is this game as ugly on tv or in person as it is on the radio? It’s killing me. Thankfully, we usually a second half team...
    It’s ugly but that’s what South Carolina does. They ugly up a game to take you out of what you want to do. We have the players to beat them doing this crap. We just played our worst half of the year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    we really do play better in the 2nd half. kinda gets me thinking about all the stuff Howland said when he took the job regarding physical fitness and good diet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Very fortunate not to be down more than we are. We can win this. We need more movement and crisper movement off the ball.
    Coach Williams said earlier we need to move with a purpose. I heard someone talking about basketball players needing to move with integrity last week. I liked that. Same as moving with a purpose. Expect to get the ball after making crisp cuts, if not do it next time and every time. Come on State...
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach007 View Post
    not if we don't keep them out of the paint.
    Why the hell are we not doubling those douches in the paint? Those guys are turnover machines and they are a 30% three point shooting team so we want them to pass it out of the paint to doink a three.

vCash
    We need to get out and run as much as possible. If it's a half court game, we will lose.

vCash
    Q is on the verge of becoming unlikable on the court for me

vCash
    I agree. I like to mix in some zone.
    Especially when they are killing you in the paint. LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    It’s ugly but that’s what South Carolina does. They ugly up a game to take you out of what you want to do. We have the players to beat them doing this crap. We just played our worst half of the year.
    And this one was actually supposed to be the easiest of the 3 games we have left. I mean, dang, with about 8 minutes left in the half we seemed to still be sitting on 6 points. Very fortunate we got it to 25.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    we really do play better in the 2nd half. kinda gets me thinking about all the stuff Howland said when he took the job regarding physical fitness and good diet.
    Why you gotta bring that up????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Maybe something to it, the girls are a dominate second half team or 4th quarter team at least. Just seems to me they both play their best basketball in the second half. We gonna need it here.

vCash
    Come out aggressive on defense double the post and turn these assholes over. On offense, move without the ball and freaking take the wide open three instead of driving to the basket for the contested layup! Q and Carter had at least four wide open three point shots they gave up to drive to the basket for contested layups where no fouls were called. And can Ado and Holman snag an offensive rebound? Sheesh. The whole team has played like shit. They have to pick it up in the second half.