Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd McShay projects 3 Bulldogs going in the 1st round this April

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    If every team in the NFL passes on Simmons in round 1, they are idiots.

vCash
    Someone on Twitter posted the QB pressure percentage per snap and compared Oliver (Houston DT some are considering 1st pick) with Simmons. Oliver is more of a run stopper but Simmons QB pressure was more than double and that is playing in the Big Boy SEC and not wherever Houston plays.

Fact is Simmons can certainly play himself into a top ten pick or he could last to the beginning of the 2nd round. If we do as well as we can then Simmons probably goes higher as well as the rest of our guys.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Jeffrey will likely be a 1st rd pick but the competition on the DL in the upcoming draft is insane. So like it or not there's going to be a tiebreaker & for some teams (may only be a few) he will be low or not on their boards at all due to his HS incident.

Ed Oliver
    Jeffrey simmons
    Christian Wilkins
    Dexter Lawrence
    Rashaan Gary
    Raekwon Davis
    Nick Bosa
    Clelin Ferrell
    Dre'Mont Jones
    Jerry Tillery

All of these guys are considered 1st Rd picks & not all are going 1st Rd. Someone has to drop. Another great year & Jeffrey should lock himself into the 1st Rd

vCash
    Simmons is a 1st rounder...

vCash
    One site with player rankings for 2019 NFL draft had the following:

Peters - #24 CB - round 4-6
    Fitz - #10 QB - round 3-5
    Jenkins - #1 C - round 1-3
    Abrams - #3 S - round 2-3
    McLaurin - # 12 S - round 3-4
    Sweat - #7 DE - #6 OLB(3-4 def) - #4 OLB - round 1-3
    Simmons - #7 DT - #4 NT - #6 DE(3-4 def) - round 1-2

vCash
    Sweat and Simmons both in first round here..

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php

vCash
    After we go 15-0 and win the Natty, we just might have 7 first rounders.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    If I'm Shoop I use this to make sure Simmons has that chip on shoulder. That little extra nudge.
    Damn right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Neither Abram nor Jenkins will go first round.
    Depends on how we play and finish this season.

Banned
    vCash
    Simmons is such a dominate player I think he'll force his way into a top 15 pick.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Guys....Simmons might be the best interior DL in the country...yeah someone from all those names are getting left out but it ain't him. Come on folks.

vCash
    Fletcher Cox was what a 6th Pick and I think that Simmons is even better. Not to take away from Fletcher though, he is a monster in his own right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Fletcher Cox was what a 6th Pick and I think that Simmons is even better. Not to take away from Fletcher though, he is a monster in his own right
    He was the 12th pick.

vCash
    Simmons is a top 10 lottery pick.

vCash
    I don’t keep up with the Pro Football Draft so much, but is Simmons projected as a higher pick than those cats at Clemson, AU & Bammer?
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I'm a little surprised at how high Jenkins and Abrams are rated. I think they are great players but I didn't think they would be possible first round- third round good.

If Guidry has a good year I could see him going. I know Daryl Williams is rated pretty high as well- I'm not sure that he would leave early though. Fitz's stock will probably climb with a good year. He's 6'5" 225-230 and has a rocket launcher for an arm and can run like a deer. I think his skill set translates pretty well to the NFL as it is and if he does indeed improve his accuracy and we have a really good season I think his ceiling would be very high as far as the draft goes.

I know some people have mentioned Aeris as a draft pick but to me he doesn't really flash with his game. He's consistent and there's a lot to be said for that and he does a lot well but to me he seems like a guy that is going to have to make it on special teams. Someone will definitely give him a shot if he isn't drafted.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I don’t keep up with the Pro Football Draft so much, but is Simmons projected as a higher pick than those cats at Clemson, AU & Bammer?
    All in the thread.
    Last edited by Dawg61; 08-17-2018 at 01:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    If every team in the NFL passes on Simmons in round 1, they are idiots.
    Well it is the NFL, so....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I'm a little surprised at how high Jenkins and Abrams are rated. I think they are great players but I didn't think they would be possible first round- third round good.

If Guidry has a good year I could see him going. I know Daryl Williams is rated pretty high as well- I'm not sure that he would leave early though. Fitz's stock will probably climb with a good year. He's 6'5" 225-230 and has a rocket launcher for an arm and can run like a deer. I think his skill set translates pretty well to the NFL as it is and if he does indeed improve his accuracy and we have a really good season I think his ceiling would be very high as far as the draft goes.

I know some people have mentioned Aeris as a draft pick but to me he doesn't really flash with his game. He's consistent and there's a lot to be said for that and he does a lot well but to me he seems like a guy that is going to have to make it on special teams. Someone will definitely give him a shot if he isn't drafted.
    Aeris is a guy that does everything well but I'm not sure what his skill would be at the NFL level. But if he can avoid runs for loss in the NFL like he can in college, then maybe that combined with good blocking will overcome any lack of top end speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I don?t keep up with the Pro Football Draft so much, but is Simmons projected as a higher pick than those cats at Clemson, AU & Bammer?
    IMO, he is. He's been better than Fletcher Cox at the same age and has a quicker first step. Fletcher imo is one of the top 10 best defensive players on the planet. I think Simmons can be one day as well.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 08-17-2018 at 09:48 AM.