Thread: PSU-Iowa last season

Banned
    vCash

PSU-Iowa last season

Moorhead's play calling on the game winning drive was an absolute thing of beauty... calm, collective, precise. Absolutely incredible.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Moorhead's play calling on the game winning drive was an absolute thing of beauty... calm, collective, precise. Absolutely incredible.
    I should have continued to watch that replay last night.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I should have continued to watch that replay last night.
    Yea, one thing you don't have to worry about Moorehead going ultra conservative in tough games.

vCash
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Awesome video (makes me ready for some football!!!). Penn State rolled up almost 600 yards against Iowa in the game, but had only 21 points when the final TD was put on the board. But Barkley had 300+ all-purpose yards (220+ rushing, 80+ receiving). Man, can't wait for the 1st weekend in September to get here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yea, one thing you don't have to worry about Moorehead going ultra conservative in tough games.
    Last play of the game, 4 seconds left, do or die, and Joe got it done. We all know Mullen would've choked or done something stupid (think LSU 2015).

Hopefully, the days of choking or being conservative in big games are over

vCash
    I like being aggressive in big games too, but it can backfire. Vs Ohio state, penn state had 3 drives in the 2nd half that went for negative yards...

3 plays -1 yds 1:34
    3 plays -4 yds. 1:13
    4 plays -5 yds 0:26

Penn state blew a 3rd quarter 35-20 lead. Obviously the defense is the main culprit, but these quick nothing drives hurt

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    Awesome, especially considering it was on the road. I also like the fact that JOMO was the guy in the middle of the sideline / timeout get togethers directing the whole deal. Commentators were stroking JOMO on his leadership and knowledge.

Whose #84 for Penn State? Does he go pro? the way he lulled that defender into sleep for 1.5 seconds then broke down the sidelines once he saw what was up with his QB looked like NFL WR Intelligence to me.

No offensive group does that without being well coached. Calm , Cool & Collected.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I like being aggressive in big games too, but it can backfire. Vs Ohio state, penn state had 3 drives in the 2nd half that went for negative yards...

3 plays -1 yds 1:34
    3 plays -4 yds. 1:13
    4 plays -5 yds 0:26

Penn state blew a 3rd quarter 35-20 lead. Obviously the defense is the main culprit, but these quick nothing drives hurt
    How many of those were QB draws up the middle? None. OK.

vCash
    Mullen's Girados at their lowest are higher than Moorheads ever are based on the limited amount of video I've watched of PSU.

vCash
    I watched that replay also and was impressed with Moorhead's play calling at the end. Announcer also pointed it out.

vCash
    #84 was clutch on two plays that bailed Trace out. Trace took a slide before the safety got to him. I can see Fitz taking the safety on and trucking his ass for a TD.

vCash
    Very good clock management there too. Of course, you just gotta keep getting first downs. McSorley just a bit late on that TD pass(so close to being picked) but he just got it in there. Margin in winning and losing is so close sometimes. Heck of a drive though.