Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSU Diagonal Logo on 4 Helmet Colors

vCash
    You could have a different look every game. Silver with interlocking one time, maroon mstate next, maroon baseball the next, etc.
    cautiously optimistic

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This is the best helmet we could ever have.

Brand recognition & simplicity. Looks like a million bucks

This is my favorite helmet. Don't understand the dislike for the M over S on the helmets.

vCash

deleted........

Misread the posts.........Sorry......
    Last edited by Saltydog; 07-27-2018 at 12:21 PM.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash

Helmet looks awesome, but the uniform itself looks like ****

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
    Helmet looks awesome, but the uniform itself looks like ****
    It's not a serious uniform. It's just for fun to celebrate the baseball team making it to the semifinals of the CWS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viverlibre View Post
    "State" is waiting to be claimed, it would be very unique due to the fact that one else uses it. Does Auburn or Stanford give you and indiction of the state? No, but you know why we know what state each is in, because they took unique names and branded them.

Some people don't know now and will never know Mississippi State from Mississippi Valley State or even the Univeristy of Mississippi, that's becasue none of those are uniqe, but "State" has the potential to be.
    Because 'State' is literally the second least unique name associated with a university. It is not unique at all, which is precisely why no one uses it. You can't ever nationally brand 'State' because that term is used for someone everywhere you go. If you use 'State' in and around Atlanta, they assume you mean Georgia State. If you use it in Arizona, they assume you mean Arizona State. Literally every state has one. Even if you use it constantly for us, the rest of the country won't ever catch onto that. No other state has a prominent 'Stanford' or 'Auburn.' Everybody has a State. There is no equating those things.

Short answer - No one else uses it nationally. Because everyone uses it locally. It would be like saying, 'We should use 'University' because no one else uses it. It's unique.'

For the record, I do love just ' State' on our uniforms and hate the banner. But guess what:
    1A14AD9A-F2DE-4519-BD39-F3E14A2BFC34.jpg
    Last edited by smootness; 07-27-2018 at 09:56 AM.

vCash

Can we see the football uniform in pinstripes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    The baseball logo is the intertwined M and S.........
    Wut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    The baseball logo is the intertwined M and S.........
    Wut

vCash
    I think only using the M and S for baseball only is one of the absolute dumbest things that any MSU fan could ever want.

I love baseball, but it's not nearly the brand builder as football or even basketball. To have our best logo & brand builder reserved only for baseball seems like a massive waste & foolish

vCash
    We use the M-State for branding purposes. They tried to change the baseball logo, too, but Polk refused so we got to keep that one. At least that's the way I heard it. It's not as a tribute to anyone, they just want to keep the branding consistent. The problem is, they picked the worst logo as the one to use everywhere. The banner logo particularly SUCKS.

Banned
    vCash
    I think only using the M and S for baseball only is one of the absolute dumbest things that any MSU fan could ever want.

I love baseball, but it's not nearly the brand builder as football or even basketball. To have our best logo & brand builder reserved only for baseball seems like a massive waste & foolish
    I happen to think that the diagonal MSU logo is better than the M over S baseball logo. I would rather we used the MSU logo exclusively for all sports.

vCash

I agree. It's just a badass logo. I want that logo to represent us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    I happen to think that the diagonal MSU logo is better than the M over S baseball logo. I would rather we used the MSU logo exclusively for all sports.
    Understandable. I just think the MSU logo looks a little 80s & directional school like.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy dawg View Post
    I agree. It's just a badass logo. I want that logo to represent us.
    This

It's clean, simple, & recognizable. It's easily our best logo that due to it's nostalgia to a small segment of the fan base, is relegated to a 2nd tier sport in terms of profile & marketing.

vCash
    That's some sweet work, Chillbilly...

If it's not too much trouble, would you do a Bammer Helmet? Instead of a boring number on the side, maybe class it up with a Meth Lab/Weed Leaf... or an Old Trailer House... a Knocked Up Cousin-Sister might be worth considering, as well...

TIA!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I really don't get why more State people can't see the banner M logo sucks. It's just not something kids today care for and it doesn't represent a great program history. We should've never moved to it. They should redesign our logo. Compare it to the FSU spear. The Clemson paw print. Really, just about any design is better. Just give us a good logo. Scrap that English/history dept. looking M.

Banned
    vCash
    The grey helmets with the interlocking MSU and our current uni combo with the grey pants and maroon piping. Lock it down. That would be slick.

vCash
    Not a fan of the Croom like white helmets. At all. Bad memories.

Banned
    vCash
    Baseball logos should be for baseball teams not every sport.