Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ole Miss Chat-gate Scandal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Also, for the millionth time, you are not penalized for each individual violation. Your case is classified overall as a level 1, 2, or 3 case based on the number of level 1, 2, and 3 violations you have. You then are penalized accordingly.
    I disagree with this. Ole Miss was NOT punished accordingly. [rim shot]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Ok I keep seeing that UNM got 21 Level 1?s. They, the university, did not have that many so you couldn?t apply the matrix for 21 violations. Y?all keep adding the coaches, boosters, players, etc violation to the university?s. It doesn?t work that way, never intended to work that way and it was broken down several times during the rulings. Yes they should have received stronger penalties to the grant in aid and such. But they were not charged with 21 violations, the NOA found 21 Level 1?s in total but the school?s biggest charge was the Loss of Institutional Control which is 1 Level 1 violation. It doesn?t stack and you don?t add the violation of the individual to the school
    What in the actual hell?

Are saying the university shouldn't be punished for the actions of its employees and it was never intended to work that way? That the violations directed at the coaches or boosters aren't actually considered when punishing the school?

If so that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

And yeah, I get that you can't "stack" violations and accumulate the penalties for each additional violation... But even if you consider the entire case a Level 1 aggravated case like the matrix below states, Ole Miss' penalties still didn't fall within what the matrix said they should have... not even close

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/matrix.pdf

The whole thing is a joke and it was a waste of everyone's time posting about it for 5 years
    Last edited by sonofozarka; 07-24-2018 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    Nothing will come of it, but I'm all for playing it up as a big deal so it can create another cloud over them and make their fans worry. Why not? They'd do it to us. F' em

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofozarka View Post
    What in the actual hell?

Are saying the university shouldn't be punished for the actions of its employees and it was never intended to work that way? That the violations directed at the coaches or boosters aren't actually considered when punishing the school?

And yeah, I get that you can't "stack" violations and accumulate the penalties for each additional violation... But even if you consider the entire case a Level 1 aggravated case like the matrix below states, Ole Miss' penalties still didn't fall within what the matrix said they should have... not even close

The whole thing is a joke and it was a waste of everyone's time posting about it for 5 years
    I'm having a hard time understanding how getting caught doing 1 bad thing is just as bad as doing it multiple times. or vice versa.

vCash
    NM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I'm having a hard time understanding how getting caught doing 1 bad thing is just as bad as doing it multiple times. or vice versa.
    Right, yet another thing wrong with the system. That would mean you're only punished for your worst crime and could commit countless number of violations. But they don't go by it anyway so what does it matter

vCash
    Ok I keep seeing that UNM got 21 Level 1?s. They, the university, did not have that many so you couldn?t apply the matrix for 21 violations. Y?all keep adding the coaches, boosters, players, etc violation to the university?s. It doesn?t work that way, never intended to work that way and it was broken down several times during the rulings. Yes they should have received stronger penalties to the grant in aid and such. But they were not charged with 21 violations, the NOA found 21 Level 1?s in total but the school?s biggest charge was the Loss of Institutional Control which is 1 Level 1 violation. It doesn?t stack and you don?t add the violation of the individual to the school
    So if the coaches, boosters, and players committing infractions shouldn't result in the school being punished, how exacctly would the university ever get punished? Is the AD the only person the school gets punished for? Or just the president?

vCash
    But you don?t get charged with murder if it was your bank robbing partner that did the killing.
    Yes, you do. You may be able to plea to something lesser if you didn't pull the trigger, but you're on the hook for some version of felony murder in every state in the U.S as far as I know.

Your example doesn?t work because people keep trying to add Barney?s ?crimes? so to speak to the universities. The NOA includes all of the defendants but each one doesn?t get convicted on the whole indictment, just their part in the crime. That is what is incorrect with your example. The university itself was not charged and did not commit a lot of the individual violations in the 21. Now I?m not saying the NCAA didn?t have enough to still hammer UNM harder than they did, but you can?t add the individuals violations to the universities.
    The "university" is essentially a piece of paper. If the university doesn't get charged for the acts of its agents, then it can never get charged at all and the only punishment would be show causes for people wanting to be employed at NCAA institutions and loss of eligibility for athletes.

vCash
    Ole Miss is on probation and has been caught taking liberties with the rules again. I don't think there is any way for it not to be troublesome for them. The NCAA may be inept, but this will undoubtedly piss them off. Not good for Ole Miss.
    Last edited by Dolphus Raymond; 07-24-2018 at 04:09 PM.

vCash
    They're going to be terrible for the next few years anyway. I'm all for negative clouds over their head, even if nothing comes from it. Just makes it harder for them to rebuild.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Also, for the millionth time, you are not penalized for each individual violation. Your case is classified overall as a level 1, 2, or 3 case based on the number of level 1, 2, and 3 violations you have. You then are penalized accordingly.
    So in other words, if you have 1 level one violation or 700 level one violations, it really doesn't matter. It's just a level one case. So if you are going to cheat, you might as well cheat at every freaking opportunity. Times 10. To the 8th power.

vCash
    What in the actual hell?

Banned
    vCash
    Mimi running to get to her computer to post in this thread

vCash
    What in the actual hell?

My goodness. No. Look what the indiduals do effects what the overall case is, how it’s classified and that is what a school’s punishment is based on. It’s just so many keep looking at the indidual violations in number and/or severity and using the matrix incorrectly in how the SCHOOL’s punishment is to be dictated. No, I believe the school did not get as harsh of sanctions as they could have. But with how the NCAA classified the entire case, which is how a school’s punishment is determined, they were within the matrix range. Sorry if y’all keep confusing how it’s was suppose to work and how it was laid out by the NCAA from day one or the fact this was discussed numerous numerous numerous times during the investigation, but that is how it works

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    So in other words, if you have 1 level one violation or 700 level one violations, it really doesn't matter. It's just a level one case. So if you are going to cheat, you might as well cheat at every freaking opportunity. Times 10. To the 8th power.
    The number and severity of the individual violations do (or suppose to) make the determination of the entire case and how it’s classified.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Yes, you do. You may be able to plea to something lesser if you didn't pull the trigger, but you're on the hook for some version of felony murder in every state in the U.S as far as I know.

The "university" is essentially a piece of paper. If the university doesn't get charged for the acts of its agents, then it can never get charged at all and the only punishment would be show causes for people wanting to be employed at NCAA institutions and loss of eligibility for athletes.
    What the separate agents do does matter but only in the overall sense of how they classify the ENTIRE case and that is what goes against the school. You could have just one extremely severe violation or a lot of small ones and both be classified the same to the school for example. But the school is separate in the punishment structure

Banned
    vCash
    Steve said on FB that there were literally hundreds of screenshots from the secret chat. Where are they? Who has them? Why are they not being posted?. I've only seen one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Steve said on FB that there were literally hundreds of screenshots from the secret chat. Where are they? Who has them? Why are they not being posted?. I've only seen one.
    I'm sure those have been turned over to the NCAA. Intructions not to release them publicly at this time.

ETA: Ask yourself...why would Ole Miss self report this? This is a great tactic to get the NCAA not to look too closely at it by "heading it off at the pass". A lot of screenshots existed that may not have been known to be in existence until after the "Level 3" was reported. Just some thoughts anyway and hypotheticals of course.
    Last edited by Dawgology; 07-24-2018 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I'm telling ya those kids running that chat room ain't kids. There isn't a 15 or 16 year old that dialed into recruiting. And certainly a 16 year old isn't remotely qualified to vouch for the extras that can be had if the recruit commits to OM. That's adult level awareness and fandom right there.

Dammit NCAA how many times does the boyfriend have to catch his girlfriend cheating before he calls her ass out and breaks up with her?!

It's time to grow some balls and do the right thing!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    Great. Now this board gets to hype up an investigation for the next two years and the NCAA will rule that OM will only get 12 gatorade coolers instead of the normal 15 on the sidelines for the first half of their week 1 game in 2027.
    Boom.