Ole Miss Chat-gate Scandal

May be bigger than we thought.

Banned
    vCash
    Oh really? Do tell

vCash

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-27-2018 at 10:30 AM.

vCash
    Could involve multiple boosters and yet again show a loss of insititutional control.

vCash
    Great. Now this board gets to hype up an investigation for the next two years and the NCAA will rule that OM will only get 12 gatorade coolers instead of the normal 15 on the sidelines for the first half of their week 1 game in 2027.

vCash
    Nothing is going to happen to them. If they get by with a slap on the wrist for 21 level one violations ain't nothing gonna get them in serious hot water with the NCAA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Nothing is going to happen to them. If they get by with a slap on the wrist for 21 level one violations ain't nothing gonna get them in serious hot water with the NCAA.
    Probably, but another year of speculation only puts them further in the pit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Probably, but another year of speculation only puts them further in the pit
    They damn sure don't want another investigation hanging over their heads for another two years.

vCash
    Exactly. I know it's a slow summer time.. but damn. I don't want to read sh!t about them and NCAA conspiracies.

vCash
    Ok I keep seeing that UNM got 21 Level 1’s. They, the university, did not have that many so you couldn’t apply the matrix for 21 violations. Y’all keep adding the coaches, boosters, players, etc violation to the university’s. It doesn’t work that way, never intended to work that way and it was broken down several times during the rulings. Yes they should have received stronger penalties to the grant in aid and such. But they were not charged with 21 violations, the NOA found 21 Level 1’s in total but the school’s biggest charge was the Loss of Institutional Control which is 1 Level 1 violation. It doesn’t stack and you don’t add the violation of the individual to the school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They damn sure don't want another investigation hanging over their heads for another two years.
    Too me, this is possible ramification.

Even if nothing comes of this, they are in danger of falling to Arkansas level talent in the next year with nothing coming behind it. It's a tough ditch to dig out of

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Ok I keep seeing that UNM got 21 Level 1’s. They, the university, did not have that many so you couldn’t apply the matrix for 21 violations. Y’all keep adding the coaches, boosters, players, etc violation to the university’s. It doesn’t work that way, never intended to work that way and it was broken down several times during the rulings. Yes they should have received stronger penalties to the grant in aid and such. But they were not charged with 21 violations, the NOA found 21 Level 1’s in total but the school’s biggest charge was the Loss of Institutional Control which is 1 Level 1 violation. It doesn’t stack and you don’t add the violation of the individual to the school
    Further proof their matrix system SUCKS and is WORTHLESS!

If I rob a bank and kill a pedestrian in my escape attempt I will be charged with both crimes: bank robbery and, at the very least, negligent homicide. Now, if I rob the bank, kill a security guard and take the sexy blonde teller hostage then kill two cops in the getaway I'm royally ****ed! And this should have been the outcome of the NCAA investigating ole miss: royally ****ed!

vCash
    Somebody get Mars and Wolken on the phone!

vCash

If I rob a bank and kill a pedestrian in my escape attempt I will be charged with both crimes: bank robbery and, at the very least, negligent homicide. Now, if I rob the bank, kill a security guard and take the sexy blonde teller hostage then kill two cops in the getaway I'm royally ****ed! And this should have been the outcome of the NCAA investigating ole miss: royally ****ed!
    If both events were separate you would get jail time for both but being that the killing took place during the robbery you will probably get the death penalty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If both events were separate you would get jail time for both but being that the killing took place during the robbery you will probably get the death penalty.
    Exactly! You done ****ed up A-A-Ron!!

This ole miss investigation was a slam dunk that got watered down with tobacco money and trial lawyers.

vCash

But you don’t get charged with murder if it was your bank robbing partner that did the killing. Your example doesn’t work because people keep trying to add Barney’s “crimes” so to speak to the universities. The NOA includes all of the defendants but each one doesn’t get convicted on the whole indictment, just their part in the crime. That is what is incorrect with your example. The university itself was not charged and did not commit a lot of the individual violations in the 21. Now I’m not saying the NCAA didn’t have enough to still hammer UNM harder than they did, but you can’t add the individuals violations to the universities.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 07-24-2018 at 12:12 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    But you don’t get charged with murder if it was your bank robbing partner that did the killing. Your example doesn’t work because people keep trying to add Barney’s “crimes” so to speak to the universities. The NOA includes all of the defendants but each one doesn’t get convicted on the whole indictment, just their part in the crime. That is what is incorrect with your example. The university itself was not charged and did not commit a lot of the individual violations in the 21. Now I’m not saying the NCAA didn’t have enough to still hammer UNM harder than they did, but you can’t add the individuals violations to the universities.
    Also, for the millionth time, you are not penalized for each individual violation. Your case is classified overall as a level 1, 2, or 3 case based on the number of level 1, 2, and 3 violations you have. You then are penalized accordingly.

vCash

No need to

Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Somebody get Mars and Wolken on the phone!
    NM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Also, for the millionth time, you are not penalized for each individual violation. Your case is classified overall as a level 1, 2, or 3 case based on the number of level 1, 2, and 3 violations you have. You then are penalized accordingly.
    Absolutely correct