Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Expect really good news tomorrow

vCash
    Oh yeah. Some editor failed at his job when this was a story in some newspaper somewhere. It read "amphibious pitcher" instead of "ambidextrous pitcher"
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    Oh yeah. Some editor failed at his job when this was a story in some newspaper somewhere. It read "amphibious pitcher" instead of "ambidextrous pitcher"
    I hope with every fiber of my being that this is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    I hope with every fiber of my being that this is true.
    Here you go:

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...ibious-pitcher
    All Aboard and Soft Landings!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Honus Wagner 1909-11 T206 is the holy grail of baseball cards. Sold for over $3MIL. And that appraiser missed the ?52 Mantle Topps card (if that?s what she had). It sold for over $1MIL

ETA. Sorry misread your post and the Mantle card would be a holy grail type as well
    Like anything else it depends on the condition of the Mantle card.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iPat09 View Post
    That, sir, is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    That, sir, is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    Showing my age: he couldn't pitch with both arms, but Wilbur Wood of the Chicago White Sox once pitched both games of a double header. He was a knuckleballer. I think he won one of the games and lost one. Think it may have been in the late 60's or early 70's. Btw, is this a lost art, the knuckleball? It happened May 28,1973. He went 24-20 that year and it was not unusual for him to pitch more than 350 innings in a season. Someone teach the knuckleball!
    Last edited by Goldendawg; 07-05-2018 at 11:13 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    That?s just really awesome. I think they should allow the switch pitcher to change pitching as much as they want to. There would be some epic battles between a switch pitcher/switch hitter that would be fun to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Like anything else it depends on the condition of the Mantle card.
    True

vCash
    As far as pitching coach goes, I'm seeing Scott Foxhall's name mentioned some.