Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CFN has lost their freking minds on the seasons football predictions...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    In the Big 12, K-State was:
    9 of 10 in Total O (95th nationally - Croomtastic!)
    6th in Scoring O (39th)
    4th in Scoring D (50th)
    6th in Total D (91st - Sirmonish!)

Meanwhile MSU in the SEC was:
    6th in Total O (46th Nationally)
    7th in Scoring O (41st)
    6th in Scoring D (26th)
    3rd in Total D(10th)

Interesting stat - K-State was 16th in the Nation in turnover margin at +10. Turnovers create points - and that probably explains why their offense was Croomtastic but their scoring offense was on par with ours and scoring D was not bad but out of what with Total D. They were 4th in turnover margin in 2016 at +13. They lived off turnovers the past 2 years to get to 9-4 and 8-5 respectively. If it is true that they lost most of their defensive playmakers - this stands to be a blow out.
    Interesting. It sounds like K-State last year was MSU 2007 with a worse defense statistically. Plus as we know turnovers can be fairly random.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Thanks much! This is of course a new year, but just by Vandy beating them and these stats, I sure hope we don't get overconfident! Just don't see them doing much against our D. Our O with a healthy Fitz and better receivers with our returning O-line and backs should put up a lot of points also. Don't see their O doing much if they were in the SEC West. Now it looks like I'm getting too wooly.**
    I never worry about overconfidence in the first big game of the year. All our guys will be chomping at the bit to hit someone, prove they are better off without Mullen, etc. THe game after that is the one you have to worry about. Think LSU-UGA last year

vCash
    TAMU has a ton of talent. A lot of talent that got hurt early last year. They will be a lot better than we think.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHildreth3 View Post
    TAMU has a ton of talent. A lot of talent that got hurt early last year. They will be a lot better than we think.
    High school football in the state of Texas is 7 on 7 pulling flags for a tackle. I don?t give a shit how many fing stars they have on their roster, if they?re all from the state of Texas, they will continue to get their ass kicked by boys from Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.

Banned
    vCash
    I have us winning at KSU and LSU, but both will be very tight and close games. Both tough and hostile places to play at. I do have Auburn beating us at Davis Wade.....their good QB is returning...Stidham?? I think? And while most fans don't think much of SFA, IMO, they will be a lot better than we think. We win it, but SFA is going to be like a Troy or LaTech team. Pesky hard nose hitting team that wont go away easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    K State has their entire offense back but it wasn't a great offense. On the other side they lost their entire defense.
    Anyone picking KState, simply has NOT done their research.

* In 2017, 4 of their 8 wins were over 1 win teams.
    * Like Jack said .. they lost MOST of their D
    * Their team, coaches, admin AND base are in 'turmoil.' They had an agreement in place to have Jim Leavitt come in and be 'HC in waiting.' Current HC Bill Snyder, age 78, cancelled the agreement 'cause he wants his son Sean to be the next HC. It's become a 'no win' situation with everyone picking sides.
    * MSU O and D will both be better than KSU's .. fact
    Coach34 .. "We're not hiring the ****ing Pirate at Miss State. GTFO"