Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kendall Rogers on head to head

vCash
    That's BS. Money was not the reason Schlossnagle is not our coach. That is Schlossnagle doing a CYA.

vCash
    yeah, something doesn't pass the smell test here because most everyone knows how salary negotiations go. There might be some half truths in there, but more likely more to the story. Like maybe Cohen didn't like the way he negotiated and/or some of the other rumored information came up during the negotiations. If both sides really want to make a deal it happens 99.9% of the time.

During the negotiations here somebody decided they didn't want to make a deal for one reason or another. I have to doubt it was money, especially if only in the range we're talking about here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    He was actually making $1.2M.

I thought that $1.5 million was too high because McDonnell makes $1.4 million, and McDonnell currently should be making more than Schloss.

vCash
    Why would schloss get Kendall to say he wanted to come back to negotiate? Makes him look bad imo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why would schloss get Kendall to say he wanted to come back to negotiate? Makes him look bad imo
    It's called butthurt. And yes, it does make him look bad.

It also makes me feel better about Cohen's decision.

vCash
    I could see Cohen telling Schloss, "Naw homie, IB don't play that shit..."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Well this is gonna Make some folks unhappy. Kendall said schloss wanted more money (his guess was around 1.6). Cohen wouldn?t agree to it and later schloss wanted to come back to the negotiating table and Cohen wouldn?t.
    If it's true, I suppose Schlosnagle found out what his ceiling is. And if his asking number is "only" $100K above what he's making now, and we weren't willing to do it, he'd better be happy with the job he has now. We also found out what our ceiling is, if he's supposedly the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post

Not the Mullen or Cannizarro exercise plan for chasing and impressing the Recruiting Wench, but something to make life more comfortable and healthy.
    That?s funny right there. Don?t care who you are. I LOL?d.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    If it's true, I suppose Schlosnagle found out what his ceiling is. And if his asking number is "only" $100K above what he's making now, and we weren't willing to do it, he'd better be happy with the job he has now. We also found out what our ceiling is, if he's supposedly the best.
    We're not going haggle over 100K. That's less than 10K a month on a million + contract with incentives in it.

Cohen is 100% all about winning and making our program the best. And if a coach interviews and isn't saying the right things about moving our program forward than Cohen isn't biting.

vCash
    Whatever the issue, I think it is safe to say that Schlossnagle really turned Cohen off. Someone mentioned that Schlossnagle ?didn?t play well with others?, meaning he rubbed other coaches the wrong way. Maybe some of that came out in the meeting. Cohen is an alpha-male and I don?t see him putting up with much shit. I don?t think Schlossnagle did his homework on Cohen the way he should have.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Whatever the issue, I think it is safe to say that Schlossnagle really turned Cohen off. Someone mentioned that Schlossnagle ?didn?t play well with others?, meaning he rubbed other coaches the wrong way. Maybe some of that came out in the meeting. Cohen is an alpha-male and I don?t see him putting up with much shit. I don?t think Schlossnagle did his homework on Cohen the way he should have.
    Yeah, something went down between Schloss and Cohen. I think Schloss might have gone IB to get the job and Cohen knows there can only be one IB.

vCash

If Cohen walked away or told him no then he's a fool who should've swallowed

his pride. Personally I think Rogers is full of shit and we all know he has his own agenda but if it did indeed happen this way then Cohen is not a good businessman.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    his pride. Personally I think Rogers is full of shit and we all know he has his own agenda but if it did indeed happen this way then Cohen is not a good businessman.
    I'm curious, what is Kendal Rogers agenda? Where is this manifested?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5049 View Post
    AGAIN....KENDALL ROGERS PUSHES HIS OWN AGENDAS

None of his information was even close, Cliff Godwin says hello, that crap was orchestrated

More useless information from preachermatt83
    You're wrong. Schloss was at our hotel in Omaha and told multiple people he wanted the job.

vCash
    Schloss got pissed cause he assumed the job was his if he interviewed, well, cause he's Jim MF'n Schlossnagle. Cohen told Schloss he had a few more people to talk to. Schloss' Ego didn't handle that too well, and he & his agent gave Cohen a deadline. That deadline passed, Schloss' feelings hurt, he ran to Kendal Rogers and told him he told us no thanks.

IB didn't appreciate the way Schloss let all this info out, using Rogers to put pressure on him, and moved on with Schloss' named crossed off. Schloss thought we'd come running to him, cause he's Jim MF'n Schlossnagle, but obviously he didn't know who he was dealing with. So, by the time we won the super regional, Schloss came back, trying everything he could to get back in. Just like Jimmy Spencer, IB doesn't forget.

All the people that think Schloss turned this job down are just uninformed. His ego is why he isn't our coach right now. Cohen saw enough out of Schloss to know he didn't want any part of him. Schloss is also a high end guy, with a high end wife. They are used to the money scene around Ft Worth, and wouldn't have liked it in Starkville. She didn't want to move here, and Schloss would have jumped on the first offer from a big city school.

Get off Cohen's nutts. As much as we all wanted Jim MF'n Schlossnagle to be the guy, IB made the right choice passing on him, for the long term benefit of the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroons View Post
    You're wrong. Schloss was at our hotel in Omaha and told multiple people he wanted the job.
    The rumors about Schlossnagle were coming from people in MLB and scouting circles who had no reason to have an agenda against MSU either or have a reason to make it up. Rosebowl said the same thing as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Schloss got pissed cause he assumed the job was his if he interviewed, well, cause he's Jim MF'n Schlossnagle. Cohen told Schloss he had a few more people to talk to. Schloss' Ego didn't handle that too well, and he & his agent gave Cohen a deadline. That deadline passed, Schloss' feelings hurt, he ran to Kendal Rogers and told him he told us no thanks.

IB didn't appreciate the way Schloss let all this info out, using Rogers to put pressure on him, and moved on with Schloss' named crossed off. Schloss thought we'd come running to him, cause he's Jim MF'n Schlossnagle, but obviously he didn't know who he was dealing with. So, by the time we won the super regional, Schloss came back, trying everything he could to get back in. Just like Jimmy Spencer, IB doesn't forget.

All the people that think Schloss turned this job down are just uninformed. His ego is why he isn't our coach right now. Cohen saw enough out of Schloss to know he didn't want any part of him. Schloss is also a high end guy, with a high end wife. They are used to the money scene around Ft Worth, and wouldn't have liked it in Starkville. She didn't want to move here, and Schloss would have jumped on the first offer from a big city school.

Get off Cohen's nutts. As much as we all wanted Jim MF'n Schlossnagle to be the guy, IB made the right choice passing on him, for the long term benefit of the program.
    BOOM!

And to be honest I was a little concerned when all the rumors were going around because I knew that they had to be from Schlossnagle telling it to scouts and MLB personnel because there was no way in hell that Cohen was telling scouts that info.

vCash

I could see that as very plausible but what about the rest of the candidates?

Allegedly, there was Schloss, then McDonnell, Godwin (which I think is horseshit) and then Butch. I'm not sure about Corbin.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Godwin was never talked to. His agent reached out to MSU. He wanted some publicity while doing Bianco a favor. Butch, beats me. I don't think we talked to him, but it's possible we did. I don't know.

vCash

We talked to Butch. That much I can confirm.

NT