Thread: Is there a game at 2 pm in the CWS?.........

Banned
    vCash

Is there a game at 2 pm in the CWS?.........

.....If we play at 7 pm, there must be something going on at 2 pm. Otherwise, why would they not move our game with OSU up to the 2 pm slot? Really doesn't make any sense. Would give the winner some extra rest and be the fair thing to do. But, the NCAA is not about being fair.....I forgot. They just dont run things very well like the SEC does at Hoover. This basically assures this will be Ethan Small's last game at MSU. Thanks NCAA.

vCash
    Good lord your negativity knows no bounds. Odds are good he comes back. He was drafted 26th and I doubt he gets the money to go. Also, it’s the 7 pm slot because we are the only game that day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    .....If we play at 7 pm, there must be something going on at 2 pm. Otherwise, why would they not move our game with OSU up to the 2 pm slot? Really doesn't make any sense. Would give the winner some extra rest and be the fair thing to do. But, the NCAA is not about being fair.....I forgot. They just dont run things very well like the SEC does at Hoover. This basically assures this will be Ethan Small's last game at MSU. Thanks NCAA.

I 100% understand your logic on the time. But, the Network is more concerned with prime time viewers than giving a team 5 hours rest.
    Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Good lord your negativity knows no bounds. Odds are good he comes back. He was drafted 26th and I doubt he gets the money to go. Also, it’s the 7 pm slot because we are the only game that day.
    What's wrong with wanting more rest for our team and especially pitchers. That is positivity! You need to go back and read your posts in the past for a reflection on the dark side before lecturing others. What a hypocrite!

vCash
    Take a deep breath, bud. It's pretty simple...We are the only game today so of course we are going to play in the primetime spot at 7 pm. 5 hours difference is not going to miraculously save our pitching staff. I highly doubt Small would come back and pitch game 3 of the CWS on three days rest while only being a year or so out from TJ surgery. That is why we tried to advance without having to use him against Oregon St, but that didn't work so now we are going to have to whip their ass tonight for the world to see.

vCash
    What's wrong with wanting more rest for our team and especially pitchers. That is positivity! You need to go back and read your posts in the past for a reflection on the dark side before lecturing others. What a hypocrite!
    I’ve not heard anyone with any credibility saying Ethan Small is gone after this year. Regardless of the outcome today, Small will be pitching for us next year.

vCash
    You really think the SEC runs things well at Hoover?

vCash
    Ethan Small will be back.

vCash

Whether it's a fair thing to do or not, ESPN wants the most viewers and make $. They had two time slots reserved if two games were required today. We would play in the 2 PM slot and ARK would have the 7 PM slot. Since ARK won, our game is moved to the prime time one. Actually I think we have been playing better at night, and you don't have the glare, from the stands behind home plate, and difficult time picking up the ball leaving the bat, as many players have indicated, when they have played during the day.

vCash
    I really don't think 5 hours will make the difference in whether Small can pitch Wednesday or not.

vCash
    One step at a time lads, but Monday has a lot of rain forecasted. Maybe Game-3 will be On Thursday