Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henderson lovers

Banned
    vCash
    Henderson was always playing for tomorrow in this game. It's why we were trying to get their pitch counts up and we didn't use any of our top 6 pitchers. Tomorrow we are the home team and Oregon State is gonna come in way too cocky. We win tomorrow and Henderson looks like a genius once again. He's playing to win the natty and I think he might just do it. I'm not betting against him at this point.

vCash
    It worked out in the end I guess. I don’t see any of our pitchers holding OSU to less than 2 runs, so we would have lost anyway. That was painful to watch for sure. I don’t love Hendo, but he’s not to blame for the offensive struggles last night. We can’t have that kind of offensive performance and expect to win and dang sure can’t have a pitching meltdown.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beretta View Post
    amen. I was floored!!!! he 17'in quit after being down 6-1 with 4 outs into the game!.....that is not head coach material
    Tommy Lasorda could have been our coach for 10 years coming into this game and it wouldn't have mattered. Oregon State is going to win their 3rd or 4th CWS Championship (cant remember how many they got). They are basically as good as most AA pro teams. Just getting to the CWS was phenomenal for this Miss. State team. We had a super great year. Getting here when we shouldn't have even made the SEC tourney is almost beyond belief. Looking forward to next year and whoever Cohen brings in as HC is fine with me. And that includes Gary Henderson. Since no big name will not take it, we'll have to drop down and get some young assistant like Canny, because it is apparent none of the big names want to come to Mississippi, much less Starkville.
    Last edited by Pit Bull; 06-23-2018 at 01:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bull View Post
    Tommy Lasorda could have been our coach for 10 years coming into this game and it wouldn't have mattered. Oregon State is going to win their 3rd or 4th CWS Championship (cant remember how many they got). They are basically as good as most AA pro teams. Just getting to the CWS was phenomenal for this Miss. State team. We had a super great year. Getting here when we shouldn't have even made the SEC tourney is almost beyond belief. Looking forward to next year and whoever Cohen brings in as HC is fine with me. And that includes Gary Henderson. Since no big name will not take it, we'll have to drop down and get some young assistant like Canny, because it is apparent none of the big names want to come to Mississippi, much less Starkville.
    I bet Small holds their lineup to 2-3 runs and their pitching at this point sucks. We will win the game today. If you actually think we were ready to play yesterday I don’t know what to tell you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I bet Small holds their lineup to 2-3 runs and their pitching at this point sucks. We will win the game today. If you actually think we were ready to play yesterday I don?t know what to tell you.
    We clearly weren?t ready on either end- pitching or hitting. I was worried the two days off might hurt us because you get out of the rhythm of playing and out of focus mentally. That?s a lot of downtime to loose focus. Hendo obviously put out the D team bullpen last night when it appeared out of reach. The gamble appears to be for the best because we only scored two runs, which I don?t think would have been enough to win. I expect Small to come out and throw down tonight. He will want to prove himself. I have full confidence he can hold them to 2-3 runs, and hopefully the bullpen won?t implode. We have France, Neff, Gordon (can?t believe I?m typing that), and Self. If OSU can get through all of those guys, I?ll wave the white flag and say they deserve to win.

I would also stick Tanner Allen lower in the batting order. He?s become a dead at bat as of late. I definitely think we can win tonight, but some bats need to show up. Hopefully, Small is able to pitch at 100% after getting hit at BP.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I bet Small holds their lineup to 2-3 runs and their pitching at this point sucks. We will win the game today. If you actually think we were ready to play yesterday I don’t know what to tell you.
    Yup. I think we win today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yup. I think we win today.
    Hope so. Gotta find a way to score 6 IMO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We have to have Rowdy and Tanner hitting otherwise they will end any rally before it starts. They’ve got to start hitting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I say 10 is the number. And 6 needs to be in 1st 3 innings