Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's play GM- You are the Cleveland Browns GM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I just think it’s insane to get Taylor, add a back-up, and then draft a QB with a top 5 pick. They were 0-16 last year- they need talent. Since you already have 2 QB’s and that’s all you can have on your Sunday roster- take 2 position players with those 2 picks to tremendously upgrade other positions. Roll with those 2 QB’s this year and add a no-name as the 3rd guy.

Next year get you a QB
    That's a logical thought. And not a bad idea. I just don't think that is what they will do. Fans want a highly drafted QB.

Now one example they could follow is Jacksonville. They sucked, but stuck with a subpar QB (admittedly he was drafted high). They spent there recent high picks on pass rushers, corners, running back, O-line, etc. They built a team around defense, running game, ball control, etc. And made it to the AFC championship.

Cleveland has a chance to add a lot of young talent.

vCash
    I just think it?s insane to get Taylor, add a back-up, and then draft a QB with a top 5 pick. They were 0-16 last year- they need talent. Since you already have 2 QB?s and that?s all you can have on your Sunday roster- take 2 position players with those 2 picks to tremendously upgrade other positions. Roll with those 2 QB?s this year and add a no-name as the 3rd guy.

Next year get you a QB
    I agree. That?s why I think they should get Rudolph in the 2nd round and not get one of the top 4 QBs (Lamar has bust written all over him). Grab Barkley #1, trade the 4th back to the middle of the 1st round and stockpile some picks. Grab a WR, get an OT, and get Rudolph. Let him sit for 2 years to develop him, then he?s potentially a good enough QB to get you to the playoffs because you?ve got the pieces around him to score points.

vCash
    You trade the pick . Some team and GM will panic and give them a lot for that pick. 1st round next year , their first round this year and prob another 3rd rounder either this year or next

Odds are if they are hell bent on a QB he will be there at 4.

You aren’t making the playoffs this year anyway , get more talent....

Also with these QBs history says that a couple will flame out and never be productive. And there is no clear cut stud in the bunch ... a couple of GMs are going to look back on this draft in 4 to 5 years and say what the **** was I thinking.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 03-30-2018 at 10:27 AM.

vCash
    They’re taking a QB. They could easily trade Taylor or Stanton once the season gets going and injuries happen or a team realizes they are screwed at QB. Won’t get a ton, but it’s not a bad plan at all.

There’s no guarantee on what will be available at QB next year or what it will take to get them. When you have #1 and #4 in a QB-heavy draft, you take a QB.

vCash
    They will 100% draft a QB 1 or 4.

They will be MUCH improved. You guys seriously must not watch the NFL. They were really young on defense and had no QB/WR/RB. They added Taylor, Gordon, Landry, and Hyde.

I would be shocked if they don't win 6 games.

vCash
    I would trade one of the picks for OBJ and pick up Barkley with the other. Taylor is a serviceable QB so with OBJ and Barkley you could be set on that side of the ball for a while. Would sell plenty of tickets too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    They will 100% draft a QB 1 or 4.

They will be MUCH improved. You guys seriously must not watch the NFL. They were really young on defense and had no QB/WR/RB. They added Taylor, Gordon, Landry, and Hyde.

I would be shocked if they don't win 6 games.
    Much improved. I should ****ing hope so
    The have won ONE game in 2 years. Of course they will be improved. 6-12 gets 1/2 the coaches in the league fired. But the Browns did keep Hue Jackson 1-31...

vCash
    1.Get Barkley
    2. Trade for high picks next year, Simmons
    3. get some Ol this year.

vCash
    1. Draft Barkley
    4. Draft Baker Mayfield

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    1. Draft Barkley
    4. Draft Baker Mayfield
    this is actually what I would have done had they not signed the back-up QB.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Much improved. I should ****ing hope so
    The have won ONE game in 2 years. Of course they will be improved. 6-12 gets 1/2 the coaches in the league fired. But the Browns did keep Hue Jackson 1-31...
    6-12 gets you fired, yes. because you somehow cheated and played 2 more games than everyone else. But 6-10 does not.

Teams with 7 or less wins last year:
    Dolphins - kept coach
    Bengals - kept coach
    Texans - kept coach
    Jets - kept coach
    Colts - fired
    Browns - kept coach
    Raiders - fired
    Bronocs - kept coach
    redskins - kept coach
    giants - fired
    packers - kept coach
    bears - fired
    buccs - kept coach
    49ers - kept coach

10/14 kept their coach.

vCash
    6-12 gets you fired, yes. because you somehow cheated and played 2 more games than everyone else. But 6-10 does not.
    They must have gone 5-11 and gotten the Wild Card (imagine that). Then they won their first playoff game, and lost their second playoff game. So 6-12 and fire the coach.

vCash

Teams with 7 or less wins last year:
    Dolphins - kept coach
    Bengals - kept coach
    Texans - kept coach
    Jets - kept coach
    Colts - fired
    Browns - kept coach
    Raiders - fired
    Bronocs - kept coach
    redskins - kept coach
    giants - fired
    packers - kept coach
    bears - fired
    buccs - kept coach
    49ers - kept coach

10/14 kept their coach.
    6-10 my bad.. and outside a couple of those teams they all have either sucked for years or have a first year coach.
    The Brows have won ONE ****ing game In 2 years so 6 wins will seem like 14 to them .
    And of course they are young they have drafted in the top 3 for basically the last decade.

I don’t give a **** if they win 1 or 16. And if you don’t think going 6-10 won’t get you fired or on the hot seat then you don’t watch much NFL.. and the ones that don’t fire coaches for going 6-10 or worse year after year end up like the Browns.

Let one of those teams on that list not win 6 or more this year and see how mant are still Employed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    They must have gone 5-11 and gotten the Wild Card (imagine that). Then they won their first playoff game, and lost their second playoff game. So 6-12 and fire the coach.
    Or be the Lions and go 9-7 2 years in the row and fire your coach..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    1. Draft Barkley
    4. Draft Baker Mayfield
    I took the long winded approach to saying the same thing. Be awesome to get the two best playmakers in college football at the two most important offensive positions to go along with that D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I took the long winded approach to saying the same thing. Be awesome to get the two best playmakers in college football at the two most important offensive positions to go along with that D.
    If they did this I would become a Brown's fan.

vCash
    this is actually what I would have done had they not signed the back-up QB.
    If given the opportunity you've got to make this happen. Mayfield would be the backup essentially if drafted. The Brown's had the most salary cap space of any NFL team this offseason. Taking a gamble on a 2-3 million 3rd stringer is nothing. Plus the prices for starting Qb' s is reaching 12+million annually. That's automatically raising the backup prices.

vCash
    Remember this?

vCash
    ID Take the two best players in college football, Barkley and Mayfield. 1 and 4. It?s a reach on Mayfield, but the kid is a gamer and consistently puts up points. I like him more than any other QB in the draft. I think the UCLA kid will be good, but I expect Sammy boy from USC to be a bust. Have just never been that impressed with him. I like Mike Vick II more than I do him.

My QB board
    Mayfield
    Rosen
    Jackson
    Darnold

I haven?t seen the Allen kid enough, but I know he was hurt this year and didn?t really sling it around much playing at Wyoming.
    I'm putting in my application to be the Brown's new GM. Bulldog28 has agreed to Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel.

vCash
    I'm putting in my application to be the Brown's new GM. Bulldog28 has agreed to Assistant GM and Director of Player Personnel.
    I've gotcha. Let's see if we can trade next year's draft for Barkley...lol. He's a difference maker