Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
Wow. I respect your opinion, but there is just so much here I disagree with.

1. I do think Mullen has done a good job. Call it respectable or whatever, but he's done enough to continue his employment.
2. The Bears did land an outstanding recruiting class (the cause of about 95% of the anti-Mullen attitudes) and that's cause for concern, but let's not act like all of a suddent they are on the verge of winning the west. They've had one upset this year. Against an LSU team that might not be ranked by the end of the season.
3. You think the hiring of Hugh Freeze upped the ante? Freeze was considered a trump card hire over Mullen? Don't think so. Most people are a little surprised of his limited success. Nobody is saying "see I told you Freeze would light up the SEC when he got there from Arkansas State!"
4. You have the right to threaten to never come to another game until the coach gets fired. I think it's kind of silly but knock yourself out.
5. Now nobody at MSU gives a damn? Really? And you are "bored with losing". What are you, like 12? If you can't handle losing games to top 20 teams, you might want to find a perennial top-10 program to root for.
1. I'm not arguing one way or another for Mullen's job. I'm arguing that the results are on a downward trend. Mullen circa 2009, 2010, 2012 are day and night to Mullen 2012 and 2013.
2. The #1 contributor to winning games is talent. UM is getting middle to upper SEC talent. We are at the bottom of the SEC even in a good year. We won't ever have consistent success here, but we have to compete better. I think everyone recognizes that.
3. There is a lot more to what is going on and changes UM made beyond the Freeze hire, but the replacement of the AD, the hiring of Freeze based on his recruiting success on Orgeron's staff, and the booster level of involvement are all responses to Mullen's early success.
4. I'm not threatening that at all. I'm just not motivated to do so. I've been on campus a few times this year to have fun with friends and family, but sitting through a beating every week making the same mistakes is not on my good times list.
5. I've been through Sherrill, Croom, and now Mullen. I've been to 90% of Sherrill, Croom's, and before this year, Mullen's home games. I've not seen our fan base this lethargic and unmotivated since Croom 2008. Include me in that. Dan's head has started to come out of his ass, but registering a pulse doesn't necessarily motivate me to devote a weekend, drive several hours, and spend my money on this product.

It's not just that we losing. It's a lack of effort from the team early in the year. A lack of passion from the coach. A lack of communication, messaging, and engagement from the athletic department in general. Since Byrne left, we're back to poor 'ole MSU. We are not competing. We are not innovating. We are not motivating. I would rather not purchase that product.