Thread: Want to make sure this is seen....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    Plainly and simply, we have a coach who is doing a respectable job. At work I'll put up with a guy doing a respectable job. In my sports teams I expect more. Ole Miss and Hugh Freeze are doing things we should be doing and that is irritating. They are recruiting well, playing with passion, and pulling upsets.

It should be irritating. You know why UM has Freeze and is doing the things they are doing? It's because we hired Dan Mullen and upped the competitive ante. It's time to compete and not lay down like dogs and take it. If that's not what the administration wants to do, that's fine. Nobody makes me buy tickets or go to games. There are more productive things for me to do with my time.

I don't give a shit if the coach is Mullen or Hud or Hillary Clinton. I expect MSU football to do what it takes to be competitive, and I'm not seeing that right now on the field, in recruiting, or in communications with the fan base.

Since Byrne left there has been a dramatic shift away from progressive leadership. I'm bored with losing and I'm not feeling inspired that anything is going to change. Meh. Somebody give me a ring when the leadership gives a damn again.
    Wow. I respect your opinion, but there is just so much here I disagree with.

1. I do think Mullen has done a good job. Call it respectable or whatever, but he's done enough to continue his employment.
    2. The Bears did land an outstanding recruiting class (the cause of about 95% of the anti-Mullen attitudes) and that's cause for concern, but let's not act like all of a suddent they are on the verge of winning the west. They've had one upset this year. Against an LSU team that might not be ranked by the end of the season.
    3. You think the hiring of Hugh Freeze upped the ante? Freeze was considered a trump card hire over Mullen? Don't think so. Most people are a little surprised of his limited success. Nobody is saying "see I told you Freeze would light up the SEC when he got there from Arkansas State!"
    4. You have the right to threaten to never come to another game until the coach gets fired. I think it's kind of silly but knock yourself out.
    5. Now nobody at MSU gives a damn? Really? And you are "bored with losing". What are you, like 12? If you can't handle losing games to top 20 teams, you might want to find a perennial top-10 program to root for.
    Last edited by MadDawg; 11-20-2013 at 01:43 PM.