Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
They aren't saying that. They are saying because he's rated a 5* McDonald's All-American he's already earned those minutes. It's the exact same bullshit Newman and Kegler walked in here with. I want to be very clear here that in no way am I talking shit about Perry but Howland better be very careful with this situation. We will be a veteran team next year. Perry has to earn his way onto the court. He is starting at ground zero when he puts on the jersey next year. His high school accolades are out the window day 1.
The only person you could argue on any level is saying that is Intramural, and I think it's pretty clear that he's saying, 'As a McDonald's AA, he has the amount of talent that means he's too good to be getting 8/9 minutes.' I don't think he's saying that Perry will step right into the starting lineup simply because of his AA status. Everyone's just saying that if he's nearly as good as advertised, given what we have on our team, it's almost certain that he will be good enough to earn significant minutes.