Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
I love the fact that Joe's slogan this year is to "Go from good to great". I remember some notorious MSU fans on Twitter calling me out because I wanted MSU to do just that last year telling me that if I couldn't enjoy our 8 wins seasons I would never be satisfied. It feels good to have a coach that at least has some high expectations and wants to at least try to better the program and take it up a notch.

Here's how I see MSU coaches in my fan lifetime:

Felker- GOB. Thanks for Tennessee 1986 and the 1987 Egg Bowl and beating Favre twice.

Jackie- Took us to the next level. Showed us that we could compete and beat anyone in the SEC. Unfortunately, he was madly inconsistent and those wins are almost offset with embarrassing losses to people like Troy and Northeast Louisiana.

Croom- Nice footnote in SEC history that MSU will reap the rewards from for years to come even though he was a bad coach.

Dan- I can't say he took us to the next level beyond where Jackie took us, but he did provide something very important for us which was stability and got us consistently in bowl games. Jackie got us in bowl games but the consistency wasn't always there. I can stomach a loss to South Alabama once every ten years even though it is embarrassing and unacceptable.

I hope Joe is a combination of Jackie's big game capability and Dan's consistency.
He did really ... didn't average attendance increase almost 50% under Dan? Might not've been that much but close.