Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
- If Schlossnagle didn't take the Texas job when it was offered, he won't leave TCU for MSU. No reason not to ask him, though.
- Tadlock has worked wonders in Lubbock - I'm convinced he was who Texas wanted but couldn't get through the no-Big XIII-teams clause in his contract. I bet we would be willing to stock several ponds on campus with catfish for him if that's what it takes.
- Given Matt Deggs' baggage, I'm not sure a high-visibility, high-pressure job like ours is the best place for him, but he seems like a good fit. His redemption narrative seems more genuine and less self-serving than some coaches in the North Mississippi area.
Maybe Schlossnagle didn't want to follow up Augie Garrido? Plus I think next season we should be a better situation and team than what Texas was when Garrido left. We have some quality arms to work with that should be all 100% recovered from Tommy John or whatever injury and all of our freshmen that are starting will be a year older plus we have juniors that I think will be back next year as seniors