Quote Originally Posted by Dawg50 View Post
I agree have to agree with this post. After we reached #1 with the Auburn victory (thanks to Dak), he choked on his own ego. His record against top 25 teams is dismal. We had Alabama down in the 4th & he wouldn't go for it with Nick, heck, Matt Luke outcoached him badly last November.
Yeah- I can't think of very many games that we won where it was a top opponent and we won because of a great play call. It's usually we either blew them out and won or we just didn't win. Like LSU 2014- we won but we had a huge lead and it came down to a Hail Mary because Dan decided to put his back ups in with a LOT of time remaining. Thank God Les Miles didn't have a Les Miles moment there. I'll be lying if I didn't say that the possibility of that happening didn't cross my mind when I was sitting in the stands. Maybe the 4th down call against Ole Miss where Bumphis scored a TD but that was kind of a backyard play as much as anything. Still awesome though.

I almost came unglued in the stands after the 2009 LSU game though where Tyson didn't pitch it and we had AD. He made a terrible coaching decision in the St. Petersburg Bowl that could have cost us the game when he had Damien Williams throw the ball instead of running the ball or calling time out so that we could get Nick back in the game. Running the ball and not getting the first down would have at worst kept the clock running. But we throw it, lose the ball on downs and thankfully the Miami of Ohio kicker was terrible.