Page 6 of 392 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Recruiting Thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Which is why I said outside of the top handful of teams. Because those teams are getting the top talent every year almost no matter what. And those kids could be rated by a blind man.
    Absolutely right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldawg28 View Post
    I disagree. It's great message board discussion and highschool player ego's. Outside of that it's pointless
    I subscribe to 247 because those guys bring me good information about who MSU is recruiting. I generally look at who has offered these kids to determine their quality. It is a good source of this info because those guys are in it everyday. Otherwise I would have no reliable source of this information. It is well worth the $10/mo.

vCash
    Here's the deal guys, recruiting rankings absolutely matter. If you can get your head out of your ass long enough to check the stats, they 100% matter. In the SEC, the team with more talent on paper wins like 80% of the time per Dave Bartoo. Nationally, in the recruiting ranking era, you can't win a national championship (nor SEC championship) if you don't have 50% or more of your teams roster made up of 4 and 5 star recruits. Not signing a top 5, 10, 15 class doesn't mean you can't be relatively good and win 7-9 games. It doesn't mean you're going to lose to every team that is more talented than you. If just means, if you have championship aspirations, you HAVE to recruit at a championship level. Here's some more info on the subject if you want to educate yourselves: https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...rankings-right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    Here's the deal guys, recruiting rankings absolutely matter. If you can get your head out of your ass long enough to check the stats, they 100% matter. In the SEC, the team with more talent on paper wins like 80% of the time per Dave Bartoo. Nationally, in the recruiting ranking era, you can't win a national championship (nor SEC championship) if you don't have 50% or more of your teams roster made up of 4 and 5 star recruits. Not signing a top 5, 10, 15 class doesn't mean you can't be relatively good and win 7-9 games. It doesn't mean you're going to lose to every team that is more talented than you. If just means, if you have championship aspirations, you HAVE to recruit at a championship level. Here's some more info on the subject if you want to educate yourselves: https://www.footballstudyhall.com/20...rankings-right
    Where people have problems for example at the end of the day on signing day BAMA was number nine. Then the next morning they were number seven. The total number of recruits stayed the same. It just made me think that these recruiting service recalculate and do what they need to in order to make the larger group of followers happy.

Also Tenn, Florida and A&M have up to this year have been in the top 8 and you see what they got them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Where people have problems for example at the end of the day on signing day BAMA was number nine. Then the next morning they were number seven. The total number of recruits stayed the same. It just made me think that these recruiting service recalculate and do what they need to in order to make the larger group of followers happy.

Also Tenn, Florida and A&M have up to this year have been in the top 8 and you see what they got them.
    Well obviously you need a combination of good coaching and facilities to go with the recruiting rankings. I don't think the argument is that all programs who rank top 8 in recruiting will be top 8 football programs, but to win a natty you must be top 10 recruiting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipedream View Post
    It would be interesting if someone had the recruit rankings for each championship team before each player committed and post. I certainly believe you have to have great players to win championships, but I think the recruiting sites adjust player ratings after the original rating. Ie ... If player A is getting recruited to bama, he gets a bump. By doing this, the sites help themselves with the above info you stated. With that said, I want to get as many 4 and 5 stars as we can get

ETA... the last 12 natties breakdown like this: 5 by saban, 3 by urban, 1 by miles, 1 by chizik, 1 by jimbo, and 1 by dabo. Whoever broke down the info in your post, could have just said if you want a natty hire urban or saban.
    Last edited by msstate7; 02-15-2018 at 07:21 AM.

vCash
    247 used to have a graph on a players profile that would track their rankings

vCash
    I dunno if recruiting services cater to select programs... and I dunno if players outside top ~200 are accurately rated...

But, I do know this:

A. These are the most successful SEC teams:
    1) Alabama
    2) LSU
    3) UGA
    4) Auburn
    5) Florida

and,

B. These are the most successful SEC teams:
    1) Alabama
    2) LSU
    3) UGA
    4) Florida
    5) Auburn

note: Data is based on Regular Season SEC wins and Average 247 Recruiting Ranking years 2015-2017

Bonus Fact: Mizzou and Vandy recruited the worst, and won the least.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno if recruiting services cater to select programs... and I dunno if players outside top ~200 are accurately rated...

But, I do know this:

A. These are the most successful SEC teams:
    1) Alabama
    2) LSU
    3) UGA
    4) Auburn
    5) Florida

and,

B. These are the most successful SEC teams:
    1) Alabama
    2) LSU
    3) UGA
    4) Florida
    5) Auburn

note: Data is based on Regular Season SEC wins and Average 247 Recruiting Ranking years 2015-2017

Bonus Fact: Mizzou and Vandy recruited the worst, and won the least.
    Florida has 23 (10, 9, 4) wins from 2015-2017. State has 24 (9, 6, 9) from 2015-2017. Georgia won more games than LSU during that period
    Last edited by msstate7; 02-15-2018 at 07:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Florida has 23 (10, 9, 4) wins from 2015-2017. State has 24 (9, 6, 9) from 2015-2017. Georgia won more games than LSU during that period
    Win totals were based on SEC Competition, only.... It's not statistically reliable if OOC games are included, IMO...

I do appreciate fact checking me, though... Thanks!
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Kinda surprised by OM recruiting so far. I really thought they would be going all in again, but so far it does not appear to be the case. They have 8 commits with the highest rated most certainly going mlb and 5 commits with no other sec offers. Throw out ealy (doubtful they get him anyway) and their avg per recruit is .8602.

vCash
    Kinda surprised by OM recruiting so far. I really thought they would be going all in again, but so far it does not appear to be the case. They have 8 commits with the highest rated most certainly going mlb and 5 commits with no other sec offers. Throw out ealy (doubtful they get him anyway) and their avg per recruit is .8602.
    They have plenty of time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vv83 View Post
    They have plenty of time
    Yes, they do. Just surprised they are filling up so quickly with players that are not highly rated. Players could be outstanding for all I know, but not really OM style

vCash
    Yes, they do. Just surprised they are filling up so quickly with players that are not highly rated. Players could be outstanding for all I know, but not really OM style
    Matt Luke cleaning up the program*********

vCash
    They don't mind dumping them if better comes along.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    They don't mind dumping them if better comes along.
    They're not about to dump a bunch of instate kids.

vCash
    Betcha IYOK.

vCash
    I really thought they would be going all in again, but so far it does not appear to be the case.
    They cannot just go back to doing business as usual. Getting caught again in the repeat offender window would be a disaster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    They cannot just go back to doing business as usual. Getting caught again in the repeat offender window would be a disaster.
    I don't think that will stop them.

vCash
    From the other thread, 4* Donte Starks is visiting this week

https://247sports.com/Player/Donte-Starks-45573479