Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
Additionally, every D1 football program loses recruiting battles. Every single one of them. So according to your statement every D1 football program has a possible problem.
Every other D1 program is also WINNING some recruiting battles too... Saban might miss on 4 5 stars before he lands one, but he's still landing one. Since the early signing period we've lost 3 commits, and 3 battles for non-commits. And we've gotten 0, despite Arky (a worse program than us) being the key opponent. It's like basketball- you're fine giving up 65 points if you score enough to win, it's when you lose every game that it's a problem. Nobody says "Every BB team gives up points!" when you're in an 0-5 stretch, which is what we are in in recruiting.

[QUOTE]As much as it pains most of you, you don?t know what?s really going on. What angles are being worked. Unless you pay for it. And even then you don?t know everything. Sh?Mar was a total pull out of left field that none of you knew about.[QUOTE]

We don't need to know the details of the process, all we need to know are the results. I don't know the ins and out so of Kirby's recruiting, but I can see from the results that they must be good. I don't know the ins and out of Stoops' recruiting, but I can see from the results he's not elite at it. i don't know the ins and out of basketball, but I can tell from the stats that Eli Wright is not a great player. I'm not even saying JoMo has a problem, I'm just pointing out here that your logic (you don't know details so can't coment on the results) is flawed.

So just stop. Give up the melt and wait until Wednesday. I can promise you it?s not only a better way to live, but I try and make it a habit to not judge things until they are finished because I don?t always know the plans of the people involved in the process I?m observing.
There it is again, talking about "melting". I am getting close to melting, but it's not at our recruiting, it's at this board that can't take even reasonable criticism of the new staff. Is it possible to say "things aren't going good, hope they get better" without it being melting? That's all I've seen from 7 and vv58 yet both of them have been accused of melting. If things were going good nobody would be stopping those who were overreacting about how great JoMo was.

Nobody is saying the staff can' recruit. Nobody is saying the class will suck. Nobody is saying there's 100% no chance of a signing day miracle that really helps the class. 7 and vv58 and I are not shotgun, who always craps on everything; if things turn around we will acknowledge it. What we ARE saying is that currently, at this moment, things are not going well, and the class is suffering for it. How much these players specifically really affect things is up for debate, but I can't understand why it's so wrong to acknowledge the FACT that we are currently getting our ass kicked, which we are. I hope we flip 8 SEC comits and will scream for joy, but until then I'll be honest about the current situation