Couple of things:

1) Shooting is an art, yes you can improve but you either can or can't and a lot does depend on mechanics. We are not a good shooting team because they just aren't good shooters. From time to time they will be "streaky hot". Being last in 3 point shooting backs this up.

2) It's never about how you start in any sport but how you finish. Yes we are a good or decent 20 to 25 minute team, there are factors involved on why we aren't good or decent for 40 minutes which I will let you guys discuss over and over again.

3) As much as I would like to say it isn't so, the Sec is not nor has been a basketball conference, you take Kentucky out it goes from bad to a suck ass conference. Yes teams can make runs and win a National Championship ever blue moon, but overall it's a football/baseball driven conference. Always will be!

4) Yes for half decade or so we were a championship program with Babe, but only Ky, Vandy, Tn really cared about basketball during that time and only Ky has maintained the domination and always will. Not sure we will ever get to a final four again must less win the Sec, would have to be luck involved big time.

5) Not sure Howland is the answer, but I haven't a clue who could make Msu a good basketball program and say maintain it for even a decade, ain't gonna happen, never has.