Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
First, off it's clear you don't know the places the I recommended.

Secondly, I love blue plates as much as anyone, but I believe Mississippians appear stuck in a box when it comes this.

It's overplayed IMO unless you did something super unique.

You only mentioned college towns in Mississippi. How about Austin, TX, Fayetteville, Norman, Stillwater, College Station, Fort Worth, Boulder, etc?

You only mentioned towns in Mississippi & I'm telling you what works in damn near the entire middle of the country.
Dude, I’ve worked in the food business for 19 years and will for another 30+ lord willing. If you think what works in Austin or Boulder is guaranteed in Starkville, I don’t know what to tell you. When ESPN goes to Oxford, Starkville, or Hattiesburg where do they send the crew to go eat and shout out on air? Hint: it ain’t the Lebanese/Greek place. It ain’t the Tai Fusion Place. It ain’t the Pho joint. And I totally dig all those kinds of food. What’s going to make Starkville food thrive is talented restaurant concept guys & talented operators serve badass authentic to the area food. Not weirdo niche stuff (and I’m in to all kinds of weirdo niche stuff). There are already some doing that and more and more are jumping in.