Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
I really like our new staff a lot. The last staff it just felt like they were a bunch of yes men and it was like Dan would come up with these crazy ideas and some would work and some would be Holloway up the middle to try to prove to everyone how much he knew.

I think we majorly upgraded on offense and special teams and kept defense approximately the same which is a good thing.

Joe- Upgrade over Dan. More focus on recruiting already. He could be the football genius that Dan wishes he was.
Friedman- Upgrade over Elliott. Sounds like a bright up and comer.
Huff- Upgrade over Knox. Relentless recruiter and has a ton of energy.
Getsy- HUGE Upgrade over Gonzalez. NFL guy that sounds like a WR guru.
Hud- Upgrade over Looney. He is going to be Joe's Tony Hughes. Here to help us clean up in state.
Johnson- HUGE Upgrade over Hevesy. Not an asshole who sounds like he can coach just as well as Hevesy and can recruit.
Baker- Same. His unit was one of the strongest we had last year with depth.
Lubuku- Upgrade over English. Sounds like a good recruiter who like Getsy has shot up through the ranks.
Shoop- Same as Grantham. Remember Grantham had some concerns coming in for us last year too. With our talent plus what he did at Vanderbilt and Penn State encourages me.
Buckley- Same. Great recruiter. Unit has struggled some at times but also has some promising talent.
Boniol- Same. This was a huge keep for us. He will continue to help us recruit and develop elite kickers.
Fountain- Upgrades special teams along with Boniol. He is an outstanding recruiter and special teams guru which will allow Boniol to focus on kickers.
Good post Todd. While I?ve read from a PSU fan we will be frustrated at times with how quickly Joe?s offense gets rolling in a game, I believe from reading and listening to his you tube videos that he is far more clear as to how to implement it than Dan was