Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbite View Post
I live on the other side of the river. You are always going to have the problem of people who can't not pull the trigger. I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to shoot a buck unless it was better than the last one, I have just about put myself out of the buck business. I haven't killed 5 bucks in the last 15 years but the ones I did kill were good ones, to top the last 2 I'm probably going to have to go to Texas or Iowa for a realistic opportunity. It's hard to get up at 5 am and go sit in the cold when most days I could shoot a doe out my kitchen window.
Yea the cold makes it difficult sometimes. I truly just enjoy getting away from the city, people and traffic. Sitting there in silence has similar effects as a drug for me. Very relaxing. I Spend more time with my camera in hand than gun. There are some nice shooters around but only have pics at night. They didn?t make daylight appearances until last weekend last year. It?s almost as if the ones who make it to a nice size have a 6th sense of when the season starts and ends and they don?t forget.