Thread: 2018 Recruiting Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bostondawg View Post
    If we don't take Harris, I know that'll be a decision that is talked about for a long time. So I guess I'll just another voice shouting into the void, but here goes nothing.

We have a DT committed, Devon Robinson, who has an awful offer list. Only other P5 school to offer him is Vandy and Louisville. At a position that we historically recruit very well. In all likelihood, this guy probably will not contribute to the football team in any meaningful way. That isn't to say that he's a bad player or person. Just that most schools clearly think he's not even close to SEC-caliber.

Meanwhile, you have 4* Corione Harris. A secondary player who maybe projects as a safety at the next level. Who has an offer list that includes every major football powerhouse, SEC and non-SEC. And because we have too many safeties, we've told him to look around? But not Robinson? When we have a 5* DL coming in on the next class? And we struggle horribly in the secondary?

Perhaps I don't understand recruiting. But from the perspective of an ignoramus like me, this seems like a terrible decision. Can we just take one less no-name, no-offer-list player in the next class?
    Devon Robinson was the Auto Zone Liberty Bowl/Touchdown Club Memphis Defensive Player of the Year. Also TN 1st team All State. He finished the season with 72 tackles, 15.5 SACKS, 21.5 tackles for loss, and was credited with 28 QB hurries. You should pick a different hill to die on for Corione instead of Devon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Devon Robinson was the Auto Zone Liberty Bowl/Touchdown Club Memphis Defensive Player of the Year. Also TN 1st team All State. He finished the season with 72 tackles, 15.5 SACKS, 21.5 tackles for loss, and was credited with 28 QB hurries. You should pick a different hill to die on for Corione instead of Devon.
    He also made the Team USA All-Star Game as well.