I'll say it- I don't hate Dan but I'm glad he left. The only thing that I have regrets about regarding him is I wish he had left after the 2015 season- that would have spared us the 2016 recruiting class debacle, the 2016 season, and would have left us with a probably even better 2017 season which was pretty good.

He was a "good" coach but he's not great and never will be a great coach because he has certain things that he is hard headed about that limit his ceiling- recruiting, keeping deadweight friends on staff, playing upperclassmen because they are upperclassmen and not necessarily the best players are the biggest things. It's why he won about half of the big games that Jackie did.

Him complaining about a lack of support is a complete slap in the face because we gave him everything he wanted and most of the fans defended him despite his very obvious flaws. It's appropriate that his biggest accomplishment was "getting us to number one" which is about like someone bragging about making the honor roll at midterm and then finishing with all C's. Of course that would be so Dan Mullen too.