Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
Cause nobody is sitting in their seats during all the home games. We'll make more money by reselling the open seats and by making all the games first come first serve. It's the same reason why lots of restaurants don't take reservations on weekends. It's amazing to me that so many people feel like they should get the right to have a "reserved seat" yet suffer zero consequences when they leave their seats open every single game. I have said this before. The season tickets holders should press a button on their phone saying they are attending the game. If they don't their tickets should go up for resale 24 hrs before tipoff. Now MSU makes double off that seat that currently is being left empty. This way you can keep buying season tickets but those seats left empty will be taken by a general admission sale. MSU makes more money and the seats are filled.
This could potentially cause a whole host of problems with older gen/forgetful people. If person A is a season ticket holder and forgets to push his button because as we all know life can get in the way of remembering things from time to time and person B buys that ticket how do you handle who gets to sit in that seat when they both show up? If it is a big game in a packed house it becomes a real problem.

I assure you once we get into conference play if we are still playing well you will see the Hump fill back up. A lot of these season ticket owners donate a lot more than just the minimum to receive season tickets lower level etc. Last thing you want to do is piss off some of the top 3-5% of your donors by giving their seats away.

My issue is with the business and corps that buy 15 season tickets and have nobody sitting at the games ever. The company my wife works for has 12 seats and nobody uses them. They maybe have someone at 3-5 games a year.